Just wondering because Im doing the A spec Indy 500 at level 28, Im on lap 76 and ive had to refuel several times already. Im getting 75 litres used up within 15 laps 👎 I got another 124 laps to go. Should I have used a TDI instead....I dont have all the fancy X2010 or space mobiles. I have ZR1 race car and the usual etc. I chose to use the Minolta and Im refuelling very often. Is that normal?
Im too lazy ive done 50 mins think ill leave the rest till later bored of going round in circles lol
I can't speak for the Audi but the Minolta is a gas guzzler for sure and somewhat hard on tires as well. When I did this for the first time with the Minolta I was pitting every 25 laps with gas when the other cars would pit,if I recall,every 40-45 laps...It didn't matter as I won by a wide margin in under 2:25 with some sub 40sec laps sprinkled in to boot.
Keep it off the wall and rubber side down and you'll be in the winners circle before you know it!...Enjoy.
Although the Audi is a diesel, you will not last the full tank as the tyres will be completely ruined.
The advantage is with the Audi is that you don't have to wait in the pits for over a minute to fully refuel. I won the race with an R10 by 6 laps despite being slower than the leading cars, spinning out and being 2 laps behind at one point.