Is there a difference between the cars?

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 7 comments
United States
Addison IL.
Hello

I just ordered F1 2018 online and it should be here tomorrow. This is probably a dumb question but it might be important to know before I start the game.

Do all the cars handle the same, or do they try to model them to the real life characteristics of each manufacturer?

Thanks

Hello

I just ordered F1 2018 online and it should be here tomorrow. This is probably a dumb question but it might be important to know before I start the game.

Do all the cars handle the same, or do they try to model them to the real life characteristics of each manufacturer?

Thanks
They try to model them to the real life characteristics. Codies did an awesome job this year with it. You can really feel the difference between say the Mercedes and the Sauber. It's really impressive.

They try to model them to the real life characteristics. Codies did an awesome job this year with it. You can really feel the difference between say the Mercedes and the Sauber. It's really impressive.

Good it makes more sense that way, and thanks for the quick answer.

Is their speed about the same?

And is there a car you suggest I start out with?

Good it makes more sense that way, and thanks for the quick answer.

Is their speed about the same?

And is there a car you suggest I start out with?
I don't believe speed is the same. I have done some time trial laps where I run a Sauber or McLaren and then switch to a Red Bull or Ferrari and I run at least a second faster in the quicker cars.

Which is your favorite car in F1? That's what I'd start with. When I get the new F1 game, I usually spend a few hours in time trial getting used to the new cars, so I'd recommend just jumping between a few until you find one you really like. I started my career mode this year with Sauber. I like the look of their car, and I didn't want to start out with a top team since I knew it would take a bit to get used to some new things they added in career.

Hello

Thanks
There is a difference. For example the Williams can't turn a corner without understeering whilst the Red Bull is on rails as per real life.

F12018 is definitely improved since latest update, definitely a difference in handling in the modern f1 cars and the classic cars feel much better, graphics again since last update has improved,
Just hope we don't get another update which makes f12018 goes backwards,
That's exactly what happened in f12017 on day release everything was good then on 2nd update it all went Pete tong ,and took codemasters 6 more updates to stabilise game, I always thought f12017 had strange handling characteristics,

Back