Is there a fix to GT7 data disc?

• Thread starter Hayley_C
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
My son was bought the GT7 for his PS4 but halfway through loading the data disc stopped and won't load. I'm seeing this has been an issue for other players recently, other than returning the disc for an exchange, has another solution been found? Thank you.

When you say “data disc stopped and won’t load” are you talking about the game freezing or staying on the loading screen where the 2 circles are going around the GT logo and it says “saving” in the bottom right?
Or are you talking about the console not loading the actual disc as in the drive stops spinning it therefor it won’t load the game?

On PS5 the first issue can be resolved by simply closing the game and reinitiating the load. It does this from time to time for both digital and disc versions that I’ve seen and you just need to restart the game, no need to return the disc unless the disc itself is defective. I’m guessing it’d be the same solution for PS4 console.

If the actual drive stops spinning the disc then it’s either the console itself or the disc is messed up pretty bad to prevent the drive from recognizing and spinning it. Assuming this is the case and it’s a manufacture defect then you’d have to return it for a good disc or buy a new one that the console will recognize and spin to read/load.

Thanks for your reply. It came with 2 discs, data disc and play disc, my son put the play disc disk in his console and it asked him to put the data disc in first and download, he did that but after 40 minutes loading a black x appeared on the loading bar and after a few minutes it said "can't start application"? He only has 3 games downloaded on his console and lots of storage space, so I don't think it's that that's the issue(?)

I hope I've explained this properly, he's fairly new to the console but got it for his love of GT and racing car games.

Back