Is there a "hold gear" option in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ESCUDO 1800hp
  • 8 comments
  • 4,666 views
Just don't shift up or down in whatever gear you're in... 💡
 
I liked this feature in GT4, however, i do believe it was overpowered. Automatic is Automatic, not Semi-Manual. It almost defeats the entire purpose of manual transmission altogether, as the main time you gain with manual is by holding gears around corners and getting more rev's on the straights. I'm an Automatic driver myself, and i completely see why GT5 does not have this implimented.
 
Why not just use manual?

Yeah, manual is cool usually, but sometimes I just don't feel like it (for example, when playing F1 races).

And yes, I can see why they removed it, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out.
 
Automatic is Automatic, not Semi-Manual.

In many cars that have an automatic, you have the option of, say, going into "D2" or "D3", which is basically limiting which gear your automatic will shift into... isn't this basically the same?
 
Last edited:
I liked this feature in GT4, however, i do believe it was overpowered. Automatic is Automatic, not Semi-Manual. It almost defeats the entire purpose of manual transmission altogether, as the main time you gain with manual is by holding gears around corners and getting more rev's on the straights. I'm an Automatic driver myself, and i completely see why GT5 does not have this implimented.

newer auto boxes when not in full auto mode wont change up unless you tell them to

being able to hold in a gear when in auto is something i miss, i used to utilise it quite a bit, i play with a DS3 and just cannot grasp MT with it, so being able to have auto but hold it if you wanted was a very nice feature for me. I would love a semi auto option where it is auto if you dont change but you can override at any time. Just like VWs DSG. If there was a mode like this i would probably be able to transition to DS3 MT much more easily.

ive played with a wheel and can use MT no issue and i am faster, but will not spend 100s of £ on the wheel i would want if i were to buy my own,
 
Last edited:
Back