Is There a Tuning "How-To" For GT6 Anywhere

United States
Virginia
Hey all. Hope everyone is enjoying their new GT6 games. I never learned how to tune in GT5 because I didn't start playing till Aug 2013 and knew GT6 was coming out and heard the tuning would be different, so I just got help from lots of you (especially Mr. Praiano). However, now that GT6 is out I would like to learn the basics of tuning so I can at least make small adjustments to existing and/or stock tunes to customize for my driving style, different tires, etc. Then depending on how that goes, hopefully I'll get better and be able to create my own tunes.

With this in mind, can anyone suggest a good starting place for me to learn the art and science of tuning, even if it's not directly specific to GT6? I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I am good with numbers and have Graduate degrees in Finance and Statistics, so I think that I have the ability to learn how to tune. Plus given my disability status, I have all the time in the world to study up on it. I'm never going to be a great GT Driver like many of you, but maybe with a little study and practice I can become an above average driver and decent tuner.

As always, thanks in advance for the feedback and hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Hey all. Hope everyone is enjoying their new GT6 games. I never learned how to tune in GT5 because I didn't start playing till Aug 2013 and knew GT6 was coming out and heard the tuning would be different, so I just got help from lots of you (especially Mr. Praiano). However, now that GT6 is out I would like to learn the basics of tuning so I can at least make small adjustments to existing and/or stock tunes to customize for my driving style, different tires, etc. Then depending on how that goes, hopefully I'll get better and be able to create my own tunes.

With this in mind, can anyone suggest a good starting place for me to learn the art and science of tuning, even if it's not directly specific to GT6? I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I am good with numbers and have Graduate degrees in Finance and Statistics, so I think that I have the ability to learn how to tune. Plus given my disability status, I have all the time in the world to study up on it. I'm never going to be a great GT Driver like many of you, but maybe with a little study and practice I can become an above average driver and decent tuner.

As always, thanks in advance for the feedback and hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

ask and receive: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tuning-guides.104034/

I'm sorry, but that guide wasn't fully relevant in GT5. Now we are going to offer it up for GT6 tuning. Stop. Just stop.

actually, if PD made things RIGHT in GT6 that guide will be very relevant and is a good place to start -- the anti-tuning we had to do in gt5 will become obsolete and there will be no need to re-invent the wheel... or reverse engineer anything -- it will work as it should according to real world physics.

this is PD though, so I suspect there will be some GT6isms when it comes to tuning.

In my experience so far tuning is flipped from GT5, so softer front promotes oversteer and softer rear promotes understeer.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but that guide wasn't fully relevant in GT5. Now we are going to offer it up for GT6 tuning. Stop. Just stop.

Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like the GT6 tuning is much different as rumored. Once the experts like Hami and Praiano have figured it out I will give it a shot myself.

In the meantime, I'll be perfectly happy to sponsor the tuning experts and use the tunes they create-:). I know Praiano doesn't get his copy till next week so hopefully Hami can get us started with some tunes.

Hami--Do you accept donations anywhere on GTPlanet like Praiano did on his GT5 tuning page? I believe you should be compensated for lending your time and expertise, and I'd be happy to contribute.

Thanks again everyone!

Back