Is there a way to change your oil in a series?

  • Thread starter Thread starter viperfreak
  • 10 comments
  • 595 views
Messages
255
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Messages
DJ_Racer_X
Messages
DeejayJeanP
hey

I'm doing the Japanese Championship series in the Professional League.
I came at the the Test Course race but suddenly the little red light of; you gotta change your oil.:mad: turned on.
Well, I got one race further but it really sucks driving like this. And if i wanna change the oil, i'll have to quit the championship...
(i'm driving my Polyphoony 001 or F/94')
So, my question is; is there any way to change your oil when in a series?

Bey
 
no u cant but plz next time use the search function ..this thead has been made millions of time
 
oh sorry. i dind't know that...
 
besides... hell, you are doing the japanese championship with an F1?? holly, you shouldnt have oil at all!! that'd make the race a little even :rolleyes:

Cano
 
not even close to even!!!
start again in a civic type-r :p
 
hey ving i''l think about that
 
The All-Japan GT? Probably not doable in a Civic Type-R unless you are an utterly incredible driver. I easily won the series on points in a stock Viper Oreca, but I couldn't sweep it. Read all about it in exhausting detail on the Writeups board!
 
Originally posted by viperfreak
hey

I'm doing the Japanese Championship series in the Professional League.
I came at the the Test Course race but suddenly the little red light of; you gotta change your oil.:mad: turned on.
Well, I got one race further but it really sucks driving like this. And if i wanna change the oil, i'll have to quit the championship...
(i'm driving my Polyphoony 001 or F/94')
So, my question is; is there any way to change your oil when in a series?

Bey
Your car wont blow a gasket with the oil light on, I've run a car for 500 miles with the stupid light on with no apparent change in the car. POOF
 
well... ive run over 4000km in my polyphony001(and about 2000 of those 4000km were running on red... i just wanted to see what would happen) and after i changed the oil, i only dropped from 829hp to 813hp

therefore, im making the assumption that you cant ever run down TOO much hp... never enough to be terribly detrimental to performance anyways.
 
Originally posted by monkeytech
i.e. every car can only lose, say, x hp, they never get to 0hp, YKWIS?
all your cars will drop in HP as the miles add up regardless if you change oil or not
 
Back