Is there a way to stay on my own online?

Canada
Airdrie
The title pretty much says it, I tried to do a tutorial objective which involved robbing a store and I logged out due to being uncertain of what that other rank 200+ player going towards me wanted to do (probably taking me down due to the mental state kill reward since my character was doing something pretty manic)... and uh, is there a way to solo online mode and if so, is it playable?

Thanks guys.

What platform are you on? On the PS4, I've read there is a MTU method. Xbox used to involve a NAT test, but it got patched. I've heard there are some other methods, but I use Netcut. On PC, I have seen solutions involve suspending the game in the Task manager (or something to that degree) or use a program that puts you into your own session and you can whitelist your friends so they can join.

Once you do it, as far as I've seen, basically everything is available to you as if the server was full. Um, the only things I think are absent are business battles (need 4 players in a session), session-wide competitions (longest wheelie, fastest speed, random stuff like that), and you don't get rival bonuses when doing deliveries for your businesses.

The title pretty much says it, I tried to do a tutorial objective which involved robbing a store and I logged out due to being uncertain of what that other rank 200+ player going towards me wanted to do (probably taking me down due to the mental state kill reward since my character was doing something pretty manic)... and uh, is there a way to solo online mode and if so, is it playable?

Thanks guys.
As @VXR said you can create a private session. But also I wouldn’t worry too much about other players, usually they are preoccupied with each other. And you can often tell by their mental state indicator what their intentions are.

On PS4 you can set your MTU to 800 and you will always load into a public lobby by yourself so you can complete objectives and sell mission by yourself. Message me if you need to learn how to do it. Also easy to set back so you can set you PS4 back to normal.

I randomly spawn into reasonably empty lobbies (0->10 players) that are pretty peaceful. If you're on PS4 and see me online through the GTPlanet crew there's a high chance I'm in a lobby on my own

Back