Is there a way to transfer online data to a second account?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JLawrence
  • 4 comments
  • 702 views
Messages
1,283
Messages
GTP_FreakinWolfy
I was wondering because I would like to be able to have two separate accounts on PSN, one for GT5 and one for various other games, but I'd rather not start completely over if possible. So, is there a way that I can copy my data from my main account to a new one and have all of my cars?
 
The saves are locked to the user ID, so the short answer is no.

Your best bet is to make a new account and run the heck out of the seasonals for fast cash, then re-build your garage that way. For the odd used car that only shows up once in a blue moon, you can always duplicate one from your main account (several threads on how to do that around) per day. For anything that is over 1 million credits, you're just plain out of luck, unfortunately.

Sorry that I must bear bad news.
 
Data being tied to a PSN account is a common misconception. It's tied to your PS3 user account, not the PSN account. You'll just have to be bothered to type in your e-mail address and password each time you want to change PSN accounts.

EDIT: Apparently it is no longer possible to use a different PSN account with a pre-existing PS3 user account. Disregard.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Data being tied to a PSN account is a common misconception. It's tied to your PS3 user account, not the PSN account. You'll just have to be bothered to type in your e-mail address and password each time you want to change PSN accounts.

Could you explain that to me?
 
Disregard...this apparently no longer works.
 
Back