Is there an 'anomalous' effect of BB (Brake Balance)?

• Thread starter DoctorNuu
  • 9 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany
Germany
In this video here, Z28 suspects some additional effect of the BB setting.

(1) Obviously, BB's only effect should be balance under braking.
(2) Less obvious, the setting under which you brake into a corner also determines the actual balance 'state' of the suspension after the brakes are released.
(3) Beyond that it must not have any effect on the balance or cornering of the car. It would be a pretty big flaw in the simulation if there was such an effect.

I have also had the suspicion that cars 'corner differently', a while ago, but I blamed it on my inconsistent entries and on (2).
It could be the case that the balance you 'chose' by breaking into a corner with a certain BB somehow lasts longer than expected.
The whole weight transfer aspect seems a little over the top in this game, but it's hard to say.

There should be ways to test this by playing around with the BB after braking, in long corners, ideally driving a circle.
Thoughts?

Perhaps it's a lingering effect of unbalanced tire temps caused by the brake balance. After all, you are putting more energy into the end you've favored. And wouldn't a temp imbalance in the tires feel like a change in suspension balance?

Last edited:
-5 gives you shorter stopping distance
+5 gives you more rotation and better corner speed
I believe changing brake balance in either direction lengthens straight line stopping distances and rear brake balance does not always lead to better corner speeds, sometimes front bb is the way to go.

Thanks for participating (i.e. spamming).
This thread is not about braking, where BB obviously has an influence.
Of course there is an optimal, but unknown BB that minimizes braking distance.

I think, however, that there should be a sticky thread about that topic (BB in general)
It continues to amaze me how unorganized this place is.

I think, however, that there should be a sticky thread about that topic (BB in general)

I’m not spamming you,

If you have BB to the - you can utilise the better braking performance on offer and slowing your car down more before the corner, hence giving you slower apex speed and a squarer line.

If you have BB to the + you can utilise the extra rotation on offer and extend your braking further into the corner, increasing your apex speed and rounding off your line.

So yes BB will affect your cars ability to go round a corner. Obv this is all just my opinion and not based on anything other than my perception in game. If I missed the point of this thread then I apologise.

In my opinion the admins do a very good job here, I’d be mindful before criticising them publicly considering your using their platform for advice or to express your opinions with other GTP members.

I’ll now be unwatching this thread, good luck with it. 👍

I heard one of the top players say that brake balance also affected turn in (NOT under braking). He described it as if BB also moved ballast within the car to the front or back.

Just something I've heard. Hopefully that's not considered spamming :rolleyes:

Dude, sorry for going OT and spamming but I have to say this. Every post you make has a question and people answering you and stating their honest opinion (which is how a community works), until you come out and you shut them down with arrogance.

What's even the point of asking if you think you know everything already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back