Is there any differential Tutorial available?

• Thread starter Big Alex
  • 9 comments
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
I used to play with the diff settings in Pcars1. However in Pcars2 it is very difficult to understand the different options and settings available. The provided screen notes doesn't help that much. As I am much slower in Pcars 2 than I used to be in PCars 1 I think maybe diff settings would be the key.

Now is there a tutorial that will explain what that tutorial means? Because I watched that last night and had no clue what he was talking about. :confused:

Are you thinking some basic diff knowledge? A great tutorial about what diffs are and how they work is this here:

Ok, I'll do my simple diagram again, ALL these are the Ramp Angle slider in the setup menu for RWD cars.

ACCEL:
TWISTY [----|----] SAFETY

DECEL:
SAFETY [-----|-----] TWISTY

PRELOAD:
TWISTY [----|-----] SAFETY

Where:

ACCEL is when you're powering-on exiting a corner

DECEL is when you're off-throttle turning into a corner.

PRELOAD is generally when you're easy/steady throttle like near apex.

TWISTY means increased ability to turn or rotate the car. SAFETY is an increased RESISTANCE to turning (spinning out!), or what I call "safety"

Personally, I go for SAFETY on DECEL and PRELOAD and bias towards TWISTY on ACCEL but it depends on your style. And also depends on car, tyre, traction control etc. so do your own testing.

Remember that preload has seen an overall change in patch 5.0, and now you will probably need to go very low on vaules (as of 20 or so) in most cars on slicks, otherwise you will have tremendous nearly uncontrollabe car on the throttle when exiting corners.

Affects GT cars only on slicks though. With street and rallycross you can use your old good high values.

Need developers explanations on this change on the preload for GT cars. We are in the dark as of yet in that regard, and has costed many days after patch for some of us after realizingf that to make some GT3 cars manageable you now needed to go low on preload.

Ok, I'll do my simple diagram again, ALL these are the Ramp Angle slider in the setup menu for RWD cars.

ACCEL:
TWISTY [----|----] SAFETY

DECEL:
SAFETY [-----|-----] TWISTY

PRELOAD:
TWISTY [----|-----] SAFETY

Where:

ACCEL is when you're powering-on exiting a corner

DECEL is when you're off-throttle turning into a corner.

PRELOAD is generally when you're easy/steady throttle like near apex.

TWISTY means increased ability to turn or rotate the car. SAFETY is an increased RESISTANCE to turning (spinning out!), or what I call "safety"

Personally, I go for SAFETY on DECEL and PRELOAD and bias towards TWISTY on ACCEL but it depends on your style. And also depends on car, tyre, traction control etc. so do your own testing.

Probably the best straight forward explanation I have seen so far.

Back