Is there any way to disable or reduce the reflections/glare on the windshield?

• Thread starter MarkGT007
  • 19 comments
Chile
Chile
Believe me I LOVE this game.

My only problem is how colors look washed out with so many cars on daylight races because of the reflections/glare on the windshield.

If I change to the 3rd person camera colors look perfect and so alive. But if it's a daytime race and I go into 1st person camera the reflections and glare on the windshield make colors look weird and washed out.

Is there a way to disable this reflections?

Have you tried the display settings in the game.
To see if that can reduce the glare.

I checked the options.. haven't seen one for this.

I guess this happens to everyone. I love the colors on any third person camera.. in some cars the glare is not that bright and colors look better. But in some cars is so shiny that colors are just washed out and the game just doesn't look good compared to 3rd person view.

The glare and reflections are physically accurate and show up depending on where the sunlight is hitting the windshield. Removing this would just make the game graphically unrealistic. This is part of the immersive and realism aspect of playing in cockpit imo, glare and reflections you deal with in real life driving.

medash1.JPG

741458d1373066952-sand-beige-and-windshield-reflection-reflection-1.jpg

The glare and reflections are physically accurate and show up depending on where the sunlight is hitting the windshield. Removing this would just make the game graphically unrealistic. This is part of the immersive and realism aspect of playing in cockpit imo, glare and reflections you deal with in real life driving.

medash1.JPG

741458d1373066952-sand-beige-and-windshield-reflection-reflection-1.jpg
This.

I have seen many people complain about the glare in GTSport. While it does look a bit overboard in the game in my opinion, honestly I think that’s just because I’m not used to seeing it even represented very well in a video game.

It would be like playing a video game with completely realistic G-Force. At first, many would probably think that bumps, braking G force, etc. are all overdone. But that’s because, compared to it not being simulated at all, it would be overwhelming at first, especially to those who have never raced in real life.

I remember going to the track for the first time and being amazed at just how crazy the forces are when driving around. I also remember how much more annoying and difficult it was to see where I was going while wearing a helmet + the glare on the windshield!

So having it represented like this in GTSport may, in fact, be the perfect representation of how annoying and difficult it can be to put up with it in real life.

The glare is one of my favorite things about cockpit view in GTS. It wasn't present in GT6 so I find it to be very immersive to the experience.
Anyway one simple solution is to change the time of day if your not in GT league or Sport Mode otherwise it's not going away.

But in the real world you can alleviate this with sunglasses... so give us the choice of various tints. Even put in some cross promotion with some famous brands.

I love cockpit view in open cockpit cars like the Xbow, F1500, Red Bull Jr., etc.

We have many cameras views, why not an option to remove A pillars and windshields from cockpit cam from all cars ? I would love that!

The glare is one of my favorite things about cockpit view in GTS. It wasn't present in GT6 so I find it to be very immersive to the experience.
Anyway one simple solution is to change the time of day if your not in GT league or Sport Mode otherwise it's not going away.

I like the glare also.. I understand it's realistic and well done.. but on some cars is really bright and maybe depends on the angle of the whindshield or the type of panel of the car.

An option to disable it or reduce the intensity could be good maybe.

It's all about options and taste of course.. I like the glare but it's just a little extra bright sometimes in some cars and takes away from the amazing colors of the game. I play 99% of the time in cockpit view.

If it's proper annoying glare then special gaming glasses are probably a way to go. They are used to reduce glare ad eyestrain.

Back