Is there any way to "reset" my stealth cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ridgeline
  • 22 comments
  • 1,832 views

Ridgeline

AP1, FTW!
Premium
Messages
386
India
Los Angeles, CA
Messages
RidgelineDiv
All,

I have the GameStop Camry that I would like to use in a tuning-prohibited online NASCAR race. Unfortunately I had installed chassis reinforcement on the car when I first got it... so now I'm curious if there is anyway to reset the car to its stock configuration.

Obviously I cannot sell or delete this car, and re-downloading it does nothing. I have found a bunch of suggestions, but none of them have worked. I even tried deleting my game data and re-installing the updates and DLC, but to no avail.

Is there another way?

For what its worth, my dupe account has a 0/0/0 version of the car shared online, but I keep reading there is no way to drive it...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 
Rebuild the chassis and motor in GT auto ?💡
 
Only way I can think of is to use the 'Car Restoration' coupon, which you earned when doing the 'GT Academy' seasonal events.
Other than that, I don't think there is any way to restore your car to original conditions.
 
Only way I can think of is to use the 'Car Restoration' coupon, which you earned when doing the 'GT Academy' seasonal events.
Other than that, I don't think there is any way to restore your car to original conditions.

OH YEA!! I forgot all about those....... NICE!
 
OH YEA!! I forgot all abouts those....... NICE!

IIRC, those coupons just put your car back as new, but keeps all of your modifications.
 
SVX
IIRC, those coupons just put your car back as new, but keeps all of your modifications.

Yup, didn't work... All it did was take the mileage off my car. What the heck is the point of that??
 
No, it didn't make the car 0/0/0.... After I used the ticket my car had 3 changes, 0 miles, and 5 wins... It only reset the mileage.

Edit: Also, I am not allowed to "borrow" the 0/0/0 car shared from my dupe account.

This is stupid...
 
All,
Obviously I cannot sell or delete this car, and re-downloading it does nothing. I have found a bunch of suggestions, but none of them have worked. I even tried deleting my game data and re-installing the updates and DLC, but to no avail.

Is there another way?

Hi mate,

Not sure if this will help but I have three PS3's, 2 with the DLC installed and one without and I have noticed when I copy a save from the ones with DLC to the one without they disappear and when re-copying save back on other PS3 with DLC they get regifted back into my garage.

So what I might suggest that if you know someone with another system take a copy of your save and log-in on theirs, check your garage to see if they have gone, and just do a race or buy a car and then save and then re-copy that back onto your original system and see if they get regifted.

Hope this is some help:tup:
 
  • Backup your save.
  • Start the game.
  • Select a car that isn't a Stealth/Chromeline/Edge car. Exit the game.
  • Delete your game data and update the game, but don't redownload the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game and do something to make it save. Exit the game.
  • Download the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game again.

They should all be at the top of your garage now, at 0/0/0 with no mods.
 
Last edited:
  • Backup your save.
  • Start the game.
  • Select a car that isn't a Stealth/Chromeline/Edge car. Exit the game.
  • Delete your game data and update the game, but don't redownload the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game and do something to make it save. Exit the game.
  • Download the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game again.

They should all be at the top of your garage now, at 0/0/0 with no mods.

This. I've done it a couple of times for others reasons - both times resulting in brand new stealth cars along with a new Edge Camaro and Gamestop NASCAR.
 
  • Backup your save.
  • Start the game.
  • Select a car that isn't a Stealth/Chromeline/Edge car. Exit the game.
  • Delete your game data and update the game, but don't redownload the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game and do something to make it save. Exit the game.
  • Download the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game again.

They should all be at the top of your garage now, at 0/0/0 with no mods.

I tried this last night with the focus on buying a car after the re-install and before downloading my DLC, but it did not work for me..... I don't remember which car I was in, so I will give it another attempt per your instructions.

Edit: I was in my Citroen GT Race Car. I'll try it again in some common standard car.

I may have a solution in grinding out my NASCAR ticket until I get the Camry... Since I have the DLC already I should be able to keep the car.

I'll let you guys know. Thanks for all the input so far.
 
Hi mate,

Not sure if this will help but I have three PS3's, 2 with the DLC installed and one without and I have noticed when I copy a save from the ones with DLC to the one without they disappear and when re-copying save back on other PS3 with DLC they get regifted back into my garage.

So what I might suggest that if you know someone with another system take a copy of your save and log-in on theirs, check your garage to see if they have gone, and just do a race or buy a car and then save and then re-copy that back onto your original system and see if they get regifted.

Hope this is some help:tup:

This sounds like a good plan as well, but I don't know anyone nearby with a PS3... I will keep it in mind, though. Thanks!
 
2nd PS3 can get you fresh Stealth cars. 👍
 
  • Backup your save.
  • Start the game.
  • Select a car that isn't a Stealth/Chromeline/Edge car. Exit the game.
  • Delete your game data and update the game, but don't redownload the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game and do something to make it save. Exit the game.
  • Download the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game again.

They should all be at the top of your garage now, at 0/0/0 with no mods.

Didn't work the second time either... Though when I went into the game before downloading the DLC my GameStop cars were marked with an exclamation mark and a message to reinstall them. At this step I was given the option to delete the cars, which I did, but they were both back to my specs when I downloaded them again...

The race is in a few weeks, so I'll get to work grinding the NASCAR ticket... after 928 thumbnails are reloaded, that is...
 
This placeholder/exclamation point is sort of a new feature. Its likely that along with remembering you had owned that particular car, that it also remembers its stats like milage, its tune and mods.
In the past I had "reset" these cars 3 times or so but recently it has changed to this placeholder system.

I'm guessing the only way to make that work is to downgrade to a older version of the game (not sure what version), But even then you might have trouble doing this since you wont be able to go online. But maybe it will work since all you need is the PSN store.

One thing to note (although its likely too late) is that you will lose all of your pictures you had taken, custom tracks, and all of the car thumbnails.
 
  • Backup your save.
  • Start the game.
  • Select a car that isn't a Stealth/Chromeline/Edge car. Exit the game.
  • Delete your game data and update the game, but don't redownload the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game and do something to make it save. Exit the game.
  • Download the Stealth/Chromeline/Edge DLC.
  • Start the game again.

They should all be at the top of your garage now, at 0/0/0 with no mods.


Similar to this, I had a corrupt game save a couple of times, (lost my half price Caparrals, never to be seen again) & when I loaded the game creating all settings etc, (screen size blah blah) I then got new stealth cars and my free Jag chromeline... Then exit game, and through the PS3 Saved Data utility re-installed my save file from a USB drive, and on restarting of the game I had three brand spanking new cars, unmodded with zero changes.

  • So the above should work.
  • Save your game to an external drive,
  • Delete Saved data utility inc backup,
  • Restart game, do settings blah blah,
  • exit game,
  • copy save from USB drive to Saved data utility
  • restart game

Good luck... Just make sure you save it to a USB drive (save it to your PC too, before you delete PS3 data.... just in case) :)
 
You can use the tickets we got a while back to zero miles and such I think??
 
You can use the tickets we got a while back to zero miles and such I think??

yes , this will keep all your setting and tuning part 👍
 
Back