Is there anyone loves Mark Knopfler?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter summit
  • 9 comments
  • 591 views
Mrs Knopfler is quite fond of him
 
I like Mark. An intersting guitarist, decent songwriter, and excellent producer. I like the earlier Dire Straits stuff over the later, more poppy stuff. I also have an excellent finger-pickin' album that's a duet between Mark and Chet Atkins.
 
"Sultans Of Swing" is an amazing song. I also love "Brothers In Arms" and "Private Investigations" and a few others. Great player.
 
What about his new album "The Ragepicker's Dream"?Published in 2002.I got one!If your interested go WWW.Mark-knopfler.com and check it out!By the way Does anybody know if he's married?!
 
I just read he has a dinosaur named after him.
 
I think Mark Knopfler is a fairly overlooked guitarist. I'm not that familiar with Dire Straits, but I love Sultans of Swing, Money for Nothing, and Brothers in Arms (both album and song). I love his style of playing guitar, very distinct sound and feel.
 
He plays without a pick, saying he prefers to "squeeze" the sound out of the guitar. He also plugs directly from the preamp into the mixing board, which gives him very clear sound on recordings.
 
summit
or Dire Straits? :scared:


Great guitarist, excellent lyricist, a little slow for me these days.

Once in a while though, I will put on Brothers in Arms or Money for Nothing and just lie on the floor reveling in the intracacies of "Sultans of Swing" or "Telegraph Road". Of course, the unforgetable into to "Money for Nothing" ALWAYS gives me goosebumps.
 
He plays without a pick maybe is because he once played clasical guitar.But that made him special!I like it though I can't do that well!
 
Back