Is there mouse steering?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by mxrtris, Aug 20, 2019.

1. mxrtris

mxrtris

Hi!
    1. I've been thinking of buying this game lately, and before I purchase it I wanna make sure it has mouse steering.
    "But why do you need mouse steering?" you may ask -
    - as turning in racing games on a controller is pretty difficult to handle for me (even though I push the turn joystick slightly it behaves like I'm using a keyboard) and I'm a bit too poor to buy a steering wheel, I wanna use mouse steering like I could do in Assetto Corsa.
    Yes, I'm aware I won't be able to accelerate smoothly like I could do on a controller but I only care about steering.

2. Also, I'd love to see your opinions on the game and I'd like you to tell me if it's worth it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

The DS4 controller has got a motion sensor steering.

zorrofox likes this.
  3. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

I don't think there is, but you could always try the motion control steering.

ViperV10 likes this.
  4. mxrtris

mxrtris

That's a great option and I've never heard of it before!
    Thanks, definitely gonna try that.

Also, could you tell me if it's worth buying the game itself?
    Videos of it seem cool, but is there any kind of currency or xp system? Am I able to upgrade my car? Thanks if you can answer these questions.

ViperV10 likes this.
  5. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

I like it... but that doesn't necessarily mean you will. If you're not really sure if it's for you or not, try to pick it up on sale.

You do have to earn credits (to buy cars) and xp (for upgrades, paints, race suits and such) to progress but the upgrades aren't the same as they used to be. There's no parts to buy or body modifications but weight and power can be changed with a slider (both up and down). It does have a kickass livery editor though.

I'd recommend it if you can snag it at a bargain price, which happens fairly regularly. If you a look round this forum you'll get a fairly good idea of where the game stands now.

Oh and welcome to :gtpflag:

kilesa4568, GTR365, GT5Power and 3 others like this.
  6. Leggacy

Leggacy

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    GTR365 and sirjim73 like this.
  7. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

8. bdubclub

bdubclub

I thought you could? I vaguely remember someone mentioning they were using a mouse in a post race chat.

9. Leggacy

Leggacy

Hamsters don’t have tails right? It’s a wireless mouse?

I know mouse works in menus but it’s very limited.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2019
    kilesa4568 likes this.