Is this a disc problem or what?

• Thread starter gl3nb0ts
  • 16 comments
Ok so my game takes forever to load. Sometimes it gets stuck on the screen where you choose Career or Arcade, sometimes it gets stuck when choosing a car, sometimes it gets stuck loading a track. It is constant and annoying, rendering my game unplayable.
Should I delete the install files or re-install? If so, will the backup I've created be enough, or will I have to re-download the DLC seperately? Will I get my Stealth cars back (The two that came from Gamestop + the other free ones for download)? Or do you think it's the disc?
Anyone with similar experiences?

Sounds like connectivity issues... Are you on WIFI? If so, loose it... Its BAD!!! I went hardwire a few weeks ago and that problem went away with me...

Also delete cache in the game (Utilities (gear icon) -> Network -> Clear Cache

IMO if your internet connection is bad there's no problem occurs upon choosing cars or tracks,just on the main menu or loading time.

But you can try to disable the internet first and see what happen.If the problem persist, then the disc might have a problem itself,scratch etc.

P/s : As stated above, try clearing cache in GT5 option menu too. :)

I have the same problem mentioned in the OP. When I get a really long lag between screens, I will go to the XMB and sign off of PSN. As soon as I do it goes to whatever screen I was trying to go to immediately. I have Wifi, so that probably has a lot to do with, but I don't understand why internet lag is happening in offline menus. Also, I have cleared my cache to no avail.

88FoxBodyFan
I have the same problem mentioned in the OP. When I get a really long lag between screens, I will go to the XMB and sign off of PSN. As soon as I do it goes to whatever screen I was trying to go to immediately. I have Wifi, so that probably has a lot to do with, but I don't understand why internet lag is happening in offline menus. Also, I have cleared my cache to no avail.

I use wireless on gt5 and dont experience lag perhaps since this is happening offline could it be your hdd is low on space?

It will be internet related...try using the game without being signed into PSN and I bet it works fine...better to switch to a wired connection friend. I had the same issues.

Im on copper (coaxle) but 25mbs speed.

I had this issue... like i stated earlier, it was my wifi connection....

I dont know why the connection affects offline menus but it does. I also had it freeze up on the GT splash screen in startup, slow changes in game menus, freezing in seasonals and OCD, and also lag in the offline areas like licenses, events, and UCD /NCD

It is connectivity. Another guy had the problem still after using an ethernet cable and for him it was probably his ISP though he never confirmed his issue.

I use wireless on gt5 and dont experience lag perhaps since this is happening offline could it be your hdd is low on space?

I'm sorry, I meant to say it works fine offline. As soon as I sign off everything starts working like it's supposed to.

Im on copper (coaxle) but 25mbs speed.

I had this issue... like i stated earlier, it was my wifi connection....

I dont know why the connection affects offline menus but it does. I also had it freeze up on the GT splash screen in startup, slow changes in game menus, freezing in seasonals and OCD, and also lag in the offline areas like licenses, events, and UCD /NCD

It is connectivity. Another guy had the problem still after using an ethernet cable and for him it was probably his ISP though he never confirmed his issue.

Sorry to double post, but do you mean running a cable from the router to the PS3, or having a whole wired system installed at my house. I don't know alot about internet so this may be a stupid question.

GT5 Dials HOME to servers with your status update to the GT5 server even when not in an online lobby.
Updates happen with....
Finishing position in races.
Just changing cars does an update.
Collecting gifts from friends does an update.
and many more...

This makes a log of your activity which every one on your friends list with GT5 can see....
snapshot51-1.png

You are NEVER ofline with GT5 unless you manualy Choose not to sign in to PSN or you select Sign out from account management.

The posters above Mean buy/use an Ethernet cable .....
31ZZcUDBb2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

... to connect the PS3 to your Router/Modem.

With a stable connection to GT5 data servers you should not see any real speed change from when not signed in.
This should be the slowest GT5 goes............

Last edited:
If you have a Ipod Touch and your usingWI-FI then your GT5 loadscreen will hang for 10 mins, I know this problem I have this every day. When I'm using COD BO I don't get any problem.

I just hooked up an ethernet cable to my PS3 about 10 minutes ago and ran a race. It's now working perfectly. Turns out the wireless connection was the problem. Thanks for your help, fellas.:)👍:)

Call me crazy but I had an issue with the game freezing up when loading. I checked out the disc and noticed some fingerprints. I cleaned the disc (carefully) and have had no problems since.

Yeah, turns out it was wi-fi. I never realized that the internet (or lack thereof) would slow down the mechanics of the game itself. That's silly. My internet had been slowed to a snail's pace for a few days due to some error with the modem, not that it's back up it works again. Thanks for the help.

Back