Is this a new record for a most sim racers in a single race? 950 drivers...

• Thread starter JackB
  • 4 comments
xxJackBxx
Jack B
Is this a record? I think it is, I haven't heard of any live race with 950 entrants online. In two weeks a new record will likely be established at Daytona for the virtual Daytona 500. It's even an more popular race.

Here is some footage of one of 24 grids/splits each with 40 racers running the same race at the same time! iRacing's ROLEX 2.4 event (ie 90 laps around 2.4 hours long) run 3 hours before the start of the actual ROLEX 24 Hours at Daytona was a huge success. If this is the kind of quality online racing you're looking for it can be found online at www.iRacing.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JiJ4-9UVc&feature=player_embedded

Here's an article describing the event. 12 more World Tour Events like this scheduled for 2010. Incredible racing online. Why not try it while waiting for GT5? The next event is the Virtual Daytona 500 Oval race. 12 hours of Sebring is happening, the virtual Indy 500, Petite LeMans, Talladega and more.

http://www.inracingnews.com/iracing-news/24-x-24-fun/comment-page-1/#comment-1492

I'm happy to say I was one of those 950! I qualified for 7th in my race and worked my way up to 3rd until I was hit with mechanical trouble. My friend took over for the next stint and worked us back up to 10th when he was caught off-guard while lapping a back-marker who started breaking about 100 yards before the "normal" breaking point. Fortunately, there was no contact, but while trying to avoid him, he dropped a wheel off and put the car into a wall. :indiff:

Frustrating, but still a great experience and very fun. 👍 I'm definitely inspired and I hope GT5's online functionality will allow us to organize similar events here.

Well, congrats on the effort Jordan! I tried the iRacing free month Radical SR4 trial, and loved it (I got the G25 2 days before the trial). I would try to get a subscription but I don't have money and I have to put the money I do get into my car (you know those 40 year old cars!). I am seriously starting to regret getting a 1971 car for my first car! :P

I wanted to participate and had been practicing for a month now but had to work. 👎 I'm debating weather to chance the 500, my first season in the Trucks and at Daytona it is going horribly horribly wrong. :nervous:

Back