Is this gaming PC any good

• Thread starter Barker
  • 3 comments
England
England
Cheynestoker88
In need of some expertise. Looking to get into PC gaming for sim racing mainly but other types of gaming also but I have no idea about gaming pcs so was wondering if you guys could tell me if this would be a good one to get. I will be looking at getting VR in the future also so hoping it would be good for that. Apparently it' VR ready but would like opinions on it please.
Cube Jaguar VR Ready Gaming PC AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core with Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb Graphics Card
  • AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six Core 3.2Ghz
  • MSI B350 Tomahawk Mainboard
  • Hyper X Fury 16Gb DDR4 2400Mhz Memory
  • Seagate 2Tb FireCuda Hybrid Drive
  • Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb GPU
  • Builtin WiFi
  • NZXT Source S340 Black/Red Gaming Case with Red LED Light Strip
  • Cooler Master B600W PSU
  • Windows 10 64-bit

The PC has a decent balance, however the GTX1060 6GB, while a good card for gaming on a 1080p screen, is going to struggle with VR.

Realistically you need the more expensive GTX 1070 or preferably 1080 to really get good performance and frame rates in VR, since a VR headset needs to drive lots of pixels, 2 eyes displaying different images, and absolutely has to run at high frame rates (preferably 90fps) to ensure a smooth image and prevent nausea.

So while the rest of the PC is good to go for VR gaming, the GTX 1060 6GB will be the limiting factor.

Just landed a gaming pc and rift and what most folks don't represent well in their discussion about the gtx 1060 is it'll run VR specific games from the oculus store with no problem but using it for SIM racing is much more demanding. IRacing is probably the most optimized from what I've read and on low/med settings the 1060 could pull it off. But titles like pCars2 or Assetto Corsa I'd go no less than the 1070.

Myself I got a 1080 and am running textures and most details on high in AC with super sampling at 1.6 and the game is breath taking in VR. pCars2 I've got most settings on medium with SS of 1.6 again and it's so amazing. Did a night race at Spa and would catch myself just in awe at the stars in the moonlit sky down the straight.

There is no way to describe rightfully so VR to someone who hasn't had a chance to experience it. I have only played racing sims for the last year and was convinced I'd get the rift and it'd be used solely for racing but all it took was the demo experience when setting up the rift to get addicted to what vr has to offer. Ended up downloading the 6 free games that came with the rift and first person shooters will never be the same again.

If you have been curious about vr for a while... it's truly a great experience and I encourage the spending. Lol

Last edited:
I would also point out that the 350 mb is a bit low on the food chain. I recently built a PC and that is one of the boards I looked at but went with a 370 instead.

Back