Is this GT7 rumour true or false?

• Thread starter TJC_69
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
UK
YT__TJCGAMING
Hello fellow racers. I heard a word of mouth rumour from a few fellow players that Polyphony are planning to expand GT7 PS5 lobbies to 24 players, with slots for 2 commentators.

I'm wondering if there's any credible source for this information, and if true, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance,
TJC GAMING

Hello fellow racers. I heard a word of mouth rumour from a few fellow players that Polyphony are planning to expand GT7 PS5 lobbies to 24 players, with slots for 2 commentators.

I'm wondering if there's any credible source for this information, and if true, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance,
TJC GAMING
I haven't seen the rumour but in general most of what you hear about Gran Turismo is just rumours, take everything with a pinch of salt and don't believe it until you see it in game.

By the same logic Gran Turismo is not coming to PC (just because that's the one people have got carried away with the last few years) unless Sony/PD themselves put out a statement.

I’ve never seen or heard that one anywhere, but if forced to say true or false I would say it’s false before saying it’s true until PD or Kaz himself actually confirm it and announce it officially.
There’s a lot of stuff that they explore, consider, even work on to varying degrees of completion for GT games over the years that never actually made it to the games, so even if it came from the mouth of someone at PD I still would hesitate to repeat it as truth until it’s actually confirmed that it will be happening.

I think it has no basis. It will be very difficult for GT7 to have 24 cars in the lobby or Sport mode, because of the development cap that PS4 puts on PD. But in GT8 I believe there will be, or even more than 24 cars.

Last edited:
It helps to know where exactly did you hear this rumor from.

EDIT: Oh, "a few fellow players." Eh, they're probably playing you. =/

Last edited:
Well, if you’re using info gleaned and expanded on from the gazoo cup finals article…. Then sure, I guess. The finals do have (2) commentators, so…yeah.

Could the PS5 handle it? I’m sure. Would PD be willing to split the playerbase into PS4 and PS5 players in order to accomplish this? Hard to say. They split it for the daily’s, but not FIA. So who knows what their internal metrics are telling them

Last edited:
Well, if you’re using info gleaned and expanded on from the gazoo cup finals article…. Then sure I guess. The finals do have (2) commentators, so…yeah.

Could the PS5 handle it? I’m sure. Would PD be willing to split the playerbase into PS4 and PS5 players in order to accomplish this? Hard to say. They split it for the daily’s, but not FIA. So who knows what their internal metrics are telling them
Huh?

The Gazoo Racing GT Cup finals are a live event. If they follow the 2022 format (and from The Before Times) it'll consist of two 12-car semi-finals (top 4 qualify), a 12-car repechage (top four qualify), and a 12-car final. The two - or rather 12, as there's two for each of six languages - commentators aren't in the races, they commentate from the streams sent to their commentary booths.

Huh?

The Gazoo Racing GT Cup finals are a live event. If they follow the 2022 format (and from The Before Times) it'll consist of two 12-car semi-finals (top 4 qualify), a 12-car repechage (top four qualify), and a 12-car final. The two - or rather 12, as there's two for each of six languages - commentators aren't in the races, they commentate from the streams sent to their commentary booths.

Hence why I said gleaned and “expanded”. I don’t think they’ll actually change how they currently do things. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t change up how they do it, either.

If PD eventually wants to venture down the road of how some of the PC world does online sim racing, namely endurance events. I’m sure they’re more than capable of coding it.

Good replies. Definitely an interesting one. I'll ask one of the people who directly told me where exactly they heard of this. It's definitely something I would like to see in the game. Probably not true, hence I was looking for a credible source 😄

An oddly specific rumor there, feels more like someone wishing for it rather then suggesting it could be happening. Not even remotely sure if this would be possible with the current private lobby system (Is it even modular enough to have that happen?) and then there's how it would affect crossplay with PS4 users. The biggest question mark is the 2 additional slots for commentary. How would those even be allocated? And then there's the question of audio from said commentators, specifically how its broadcasted and who can hear it.

If they added 20 slots back and a spectator, no audio, I’d be happy.

Just don’t go saying I said this and take it as facts 🤣

If they added 20 slots back and a spectator, no audio, I’d be happy.

Just don’t go saying I said this and take it as facts 🤣
Proceeds to spread wildly untrue rumors

If you want confirmation on rumours, PM the mods on this page, they love it and have a direct line with PD, I heard one of them is actual Kaz :cool:

Latest Posts

Back