Is this possible?

• Thread starter nitrorocks
  • 11 comments
United States
Phoenix, AZ
nitrorocks
I was thinking: What if you used google sketch up, drew up a track, and imported it to a usb drive. Then somehow upload it to the course maker? Wouldnt that be cool? You can actually CREATE your own tracks. It would be an issue with track copyright infringement, well maybe.

You can't copyright turns. :V

... can you?

But I'd say just have it be the base course. Then you set the theme and stuff in course maker.

Would be nice since I can't seem to make any decent oval-track short tracks a la Martinsville.

I was thinking: What if you used google sketch up, drew up a track, and imported it to a usb drive. Then somehow upload it to the course maker? Wouldnt that be cool? You can actually CREATE your own tracks. It would be an issue with track copyright infringement, well maybe.

Nice idea, i would love to create Ebisu track, Heck i even want to create my homeland track..not much of a race track tho, just an ordinary road at my village which feels like touge track 👍

the course maker uses templates as it's design mechanism it's what allows u to upload onto the net as each template appears to have a code and sub codes describing the characteristics of each section
it would require a major rewrite of the program to allow what u want to do

bird56
the course maker uses templates as it's design mechanism it's what allows u to upload onto the net as each template appears to have a code and sub codes describing the characteristics of each section

Yeah just a thought

Please remember to use proper punctuation and capitalization when posting here at GTPlanet. Also, use of text speak ("u") is not allowed.

Welcome. :gtpflag:

R1600Turbo
Please remember to use proper punctuation and capitalization when posting here at GTPlanet. Also, use of text speak ("u") is not allowed.

Welcome. :gtpflag:

Hey I was wondering if Alpinestars as a sponsor, what do they do for your series? Do they contribute any money?

You are correct, one can not copyright corners. The names of tracks and corners, and the logos with them, can be copyrighted and trademarked. But the corners themselves can not.

Mind you, if you create an entire track, then that could be trademark infringement. That would be tough.

Back