IS300 Build #3

• Thread starter jjjkr20
  • 0 comments
United States
Virginia
jjjkr20
Now that I'm stuck at home for a while I figured I'd return to one of my favorite forums to share my progress.

This is my third IS300 first one I sold but should have kept and the second one was rear ended, but it was an auto and the pay out allowed me to buy this one so it wasn't all bad.

It is a factory 5 speed that I picked up in Indiana and drove it home 10 hours away.

Lets start with the build list:

JDM trd from bumper with fog lights
JDM trunk with spoiler
Seibon carbon fiber hood
Chargespeed style rear bumper
BN Coilovers
K&N intake
Ebay? smoked headlights
Manzo catback with a Megan mid pipe

Now before we get into the build I want to go through some of the maintanance because every car needs it, it's not pretty but ya gotta do it.
So far I've had to replace:
Alternator died on the way home
The front wheel bearings
Front upper control arms
Front balljoints
Front spindle assembly because somehow a bolt for the balljoint broke and just fell out
Radiator exploded
Battery terminal
Multiple exhaust gaskets
O2 sensors all they way
Spark plugs, one had to be helicoiled as well

And I still have a multitude of other things to do.

Timeline:

Summer 2018 I got the car, it was in rough shape but one color. Also the fender liner fell out on the way home.

rINLI71.jpg

I tried to get it painted but was ripped off so this is the condition now. Beware yall.
Also at the same time i slammed it on some truhart coilovers at the time and put on my carbon fiber hood i had left over from the last car.

rrkKFqL.jpg

Later on I got some cheap Work emotion cr kai, also tried to refinish the hood myself but kind failed and also tried a replica front bumper but it was absolutely wrecked in shipment so that was also a fail. Luckily I got a refund.

s6n5qwh.jpg

Winter 2018 Some more time and I got a full replica vertex kit but that was only temporary.

KETrhT3.jpg

To make way for a real TRD front that a friend managed to source for me.

tMdHtkz.jpg

Spring 2019 Got the hood professionally glossed.

kOwb6g8.jpg

I also picked up a widebody that i need to repair some.

8bKcY9n.jpg

Finally now, rear bumper, trunk and some rays ss7 that you can't really see here.

XpTw3bG.jpg

And that is the build so far. It's taken me over 50k miles in that time and I've loved every moment. It's honestly a tank. I'll take it to our local mountain cruises and have a blast. It still needs some love but I have plenty of parts ready. Just have to get the old ones off which is always the challenge on this car. Being from Indiana rust is pretty common. One day I hope to get it all one color, after some trd side skirts and front fenders. Also possibly do a 1jz swap. I just can't justify the costs right now, but we'll see what happens.

Back