Issue with Racing Cockpits Pro Bundle: Avoid NRG seats - find something else: Return shipping is OUTRAGEOUS

• Thread starter TheNormsk
  • 2 comments

TheNormsk

Premium
United States
Wisconsin
BritGuyInUSA
I've shown my rig here #95 and at the time stated that I had an issue with the seat. To recap, the rig I bought was this:

https://racingcockpits.com/products/rcp-cockpit-pro-racing-seat-bundle?variant=39521136607430

The rig is very good but the seat has been a disaster. Indeed my issues are still ongoing and honestly, I don't know how to resolve this - I'm beginning to think I may need a lawyer - which is ridiculous but I feel backed into a corner.

During assembly of the rig, it became apparent I had some issues with the seat. The bottom popped and holes where misaligned so that the seat leaned to one side. In addition I found it too small for my long torso and wide shoulders, even though I am not a large person at <160lbs.

I explained the issues to Racing Cockpits (RC) and they were quick to offer a replacement and I could also choose a different one and pay the difference. I choose the FRP302 large which is supposedly 2 inches longer in the seat back and 2 inches wider at the shoulders than the FRP310 medium I was originally sent. At the time I figured that should resolve the sizing issue if I needed to replace the seat anyway. RC said that NRG does not pay for return shipping, which annoyed me at the time, but I needed a larger seat anyway I said yes. I may have argued more if it was just for the defective build of the seat. Also, at the time I was thinking shipping might be around $50 which would probably be worth it for more comfort.

So the replacement seat came and that turned out to be exactly the same size as the original defective one. So I paid an additional $43 ish for an upgraded larger seat, that is not larger. This one at least does not have manufacturing issues. I then reached out to RC again and they said I could replace this with the Extra Large.... Again I would have to return it.

Here is the issue. I now have two seats. The original defective one and the new one, which should be a larger size I paid for but did not get. I got a quotes for returning the original seat. This is for a single seat, not both. Wait for it...

UPS: $195

Fedex $216

USPS: $231

These prices are not for the rig and everything, which was originally $150ish shipped, but just the seat, a seat that retails for $360. If I were to paid shipping to return both it would cost me around $400. This would be on top of the $150 that was the seat add for the original bundle deal and the $43 (I think) for the "upgrade". There would then still be another incremental charge if they sent me the NRG Prima in Extra Large.

What can I do?

I have reached out to RC again and said that this is unacceptable that the return shipping for the defective seat is on me for nearly $200, when I am sure that it does not cost NRG that to send them out on their commercial rates. I would expect NRG to cover this. If they did this, I might just keep the replacement seat, deal with it being too small until I can sell it locally and get something larger.

What other options do I have? Should I be looking into suing for breach of contract or something? By this I mean I paid for product and over $150 shipping for product of merchantable quality. Part of it was not. While defects can happen, my return was was not because I simply changed my mind, but because of defects, I should not be incurring 2/3rds of the cost of a retail seat, to ship back a defective one.

Consequently I want to warn everything about the risk with dealing with NRG and also, unfortunately (because the rig itself is good) Racing Cockpits, because ultimately, as the seller I purchased from, they are failing to make this right is a cost reasonable approach to me.

I can't really help you with your problem ._.
I would recommend to get fia approved seats. Not (just) for immersion but for quality standards
I got a quotes for returning the original seat. This is for a single seat, not both. Wait for it...

UPS: $195

Fedex $216

USPS: $231
are these quotes from racingcockpits? if yes I would contact ups, fedex etc. and ask them for shipping quotes...

I can't really help you with your problem ._.
I would recommend to get fia approved seats. Not (just) for immersion but for quality standards

are these quotes from racingcockpits? if yes I would contact ups, fedex etc. and ask them for shipping quotes...
No. It is from the respective shipping companies.

Latest Posts

Back