Issue with saving in GT4 European Version

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kinxy55
  • 13 comments
  • 2,235 views
Messages
6
Hey, I'm having some difficulties with saving in gt4. I have turned auto-save to OFF, but still, if I purchase a car or something it still saves!! THe other day I wanted to fool around a little bit, mwand bought a bmw m5, just for testing and the fun of it, and if saved! I was devistated, all the money I had saved and everything went youknowwhere. Is there any way one can avoid that, or is the perhaps a feature that allows me to turn autosave completely off ??

The main concern however is, avoid saving whilst buying a car and again, keep in mind that I have auto-save turned OFF.


Thanks a lot, RSAP :)
 
thanks for the reply, couldn't find a decent answer for the question I asked still, which was is there a way of avoiding saving when you buy a car to try it ?
 
I don't thinki there is, doesn't matter to me thogh as i am a compulsive car buyer from the used lots.

Although i would like to be able to try out the 700,000Cr Zonda 7.2 before buying that for the super car cup
 
I think it's possible by buying a car, NOT getting in that car but got to the Arcade mode instead. There it will be unlocked so you can drive and fool around a bit. You do have to restart you're PS2 after playing though.

Basje
 
basje_1
I think it's possible by buying a car, NOT getting in that car but got to the Arcade mode instead. There it will be unlocked so you can drive and fool around a bit. You do have to restart you're PS2 after playing though.

Basje

Yup, if you don't choose to get into the car it doesn't save. For some reason PAL and American GT4 will always save when you sell a car or get into a car. Not when you buy it, although it's second nature to just hop into a car you've just bought.

I kinda miss the Japanese version that only saved when you sold a car, but then it sucks in many other areas in comparison to the English language versions.
 
I think the PAL version saves when you buy a car or change into a new car, irrespective of the fact that auto - save is on or off. When auto save is off however it is more restircted than fully on, therefore it only reduces the times it saves. For example it might not save after you do licenses but it will always save after you buy a car or change car, there's no way around that.

👍
 
Jows73
I think the PAL version saves when you buy a car or change into a new car, irrespective of the fact that auto - save is on or off. When auto save is off however it is more restircted than fully on, therefore it only reduces the times it saves. For example it might not save after you do licenses but it will always save after you buy a car or change car, there's no way around that.

👍

Oh yeah I forgot that I turned the damn autosave option off when I first started the game. So if you want to test cars without buying them you will probably need to turn the autosave off.

I don't understand why they developed this overly complicated save system, which needs the memory card inserted all the time and doesn't allow you to load the game apart from the initial load. I have a feeling that it's either remains from the taken out online part to prevent cheating and possibly the fact that all the cars have multiple setup spaces which removes the old separate settings files that all the other games had.
 
Kinxy55
HTHe other day I wanted to fool around a little bit, mwand bought a bmw m5, just for testing and the fun of it, and if saved! I was devistated, all the money I had saved and everything went youknowwhere. Is there any way one can avoid that, or is the perhaps a feature that allows me to turn autosave completely off ??

The main concern however is, avoid saving whilst buying a car and again, keep in mind that I have auto-save turned OFF.


Ha, you saved up just to test an M5? :). Its not hard to aquire money in the game. the only cars that are tough to save for quick are the 4.5mil cr cars. Just play the game and you wont have a problem buying random cars for no reason.

I wasnt sure whice to buy, an SL600 or an SKL65 20kcr difference, got the cheaper car spent 10k in mods and beat the SL race. I then got the SL65 later. If you just wait you can get any car you want. I have 260 cars.
 
What if you load the game and remove the memory, buy the car you want to test, fool around with it. Then turn off PS2 insert the memory.

Remember I said IF, I have not tried and I won´t. I think they didn´t want us to try all the without wasting our money.
 
You can not get into cars without the card. plus you dont want to remove the card while playing, you will ose your garage if the game data is different from the last save ponit.

Like I said if you want to fool around use the quick cash tricks or just wait till you are far enough. B-specing the DTM race will get you over 900k from selling the prize car and winning the series. This takes around 10 minutes. You have to win the SL or Silver arrow race to gt the CLK race car tune it allite and it will win the DTM race in b-spec
 
LANDO
What if you load the game and remove the memory, buy the car you want to test, fool around with it. Then turn off PS2 insert the memory.

DO NOT EVEN THINK IN DOING THIS.
 
LANDO
DO NOT EVEN THINK IN DOING THIS.

Why not?

It never caused any problems with my save. Having said that, it doesn't work anyway......

I think the auto-save is a good thing. It stops you buying cars, maxing them and re-loading game if crap. It would be good if you could test drive a stock car before buying though!!!!
 
bazrah99
It would be good if you could test drive a stock car before buying though!!!!



That's a stupid glaring omission for me.

You win dozens of races to save up for a car and you have nothing to base your choice on other than looks and a few specs, spend your money and find out you don't get on with it.

Assuming you have the relevant funds you should be allowed a 1 lap test run of your prospective purchase.
 
Back