Issue with the g29 pedals.

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 4 comments
ionstriker
Hey all, so lately I have observed an issue with my pedals wherein the brake pedal does not fully retract back. Due to this some amount of braking is applied even when I'm not pushing down on the pedal. Now this seems to be a very small amount of braking. It's almost like the pedal retracts back 99 percent and that 1 percent cause light braking which can be detected by looking at the abs icon as it starts to flash repeatedly. Now this doesn't always happen. And in some cases there is mild braking applied only during certain RPM range of the car. I can avoid this by just applying light force on the back of the pedal. Has anyone else observed this issue? Is there anyway I can permanently solve this? Thanks!

You need to take the pedals apart clear dust and hairs etc.. and spray all the pots clean with contact cleaner and it should fix it until it needs cleaning again .. It's a very common issue especially if you have pets 👍

You need to take the pedals apart clear dust and hairs etc.. and spray all the pots clean with contact cleaner and it should fix it until it needs cleaning again .. It's a very common issue especially if you have pets 👍
Awesome thanks! I shall try that.

Yep I get the same problem with mine.

As @Mr P said cleaning the pedals out and using contact cleaner on the pots will sort the problem out, but based on my experience only for a period of time.

When you're putting the pedals back together you might want to consider putting just 4 screws in to secure the base, as this will make it quicker to do again, which you'll probably find that you have to. I currently do mine once a week.

Back