Issue with thrustmaster T300

• Thread starter donone84
  • 28 comments
I have an issue with my T300RS. I use the tlcm pedals and when my car stands still (like standing start or break till i’m stopped) the car no longer wants to drive when I press the gas pedal. Gears are on automatic, manual makes no difference. So I’m in 1st gear (or reverse for that matter). It makes rpm, but it won’t drive no matter what button I press. The R2 button on the controller however then let’s me accelerate the car so can continue with the gas pedal on the tlcm. I think this is a very strange problem and I’m curious if anyone else had experienced this or has a solution? Thanks in advance

System: PS5
Base: Thrustmaster T300
Rim: TM Open wheel add on
Pedals: T-LCM

I have an issue with my T300RS. I use the tlcm pedals and when my car stands still (like standing start or break till i’m stopped) the car no longer wants to drive when I press the gas pedal. Gears are on automatic, manual makes no difference. So I’m in 1st gear (or reverse for that matter). It makes rpm, but it won’t drive no matter what button I press. The R2 button on the controller however then let’s me accelerate the car so can continue with the gas pedal on the tlcm. I think this is a very strange problem and I’m curious if anyone else had experienced this or has a solution? Thanks in advance

System: PS5
Base: Thrustmaster T300
Rim: TM Open wheel add on
Pedals: T-LCM
Did you update the firmware bud?

Thanks, gonna give that one a go since it been a while. Only have mac at home and as far as I know I can only update using windows? Better get a windows system in the building..
No doubt bro… trust me I was in the ACC forms crying about how the game felt weird, the PS5 version.. I was telling them everything was normal on my wheel and that it was the game… come to find out I had ver.30 and v.34 was the lasted update! Make sure when you up date the firmware the led light is red.. that’s PS5 mode and the switch switched to PS4 good luck!

No doubt bro… trust me I was in the ACC forms crying about how the game felt weird, the PS5 version.. I was telling them everything was normal on my wheel and that it was the game… come to find out I had ver.30 and v.34 was the lasted update! Make sure when you up date the firmware the led light is red.. that’s PS5 mode and the switch switched to PS4 good luck!
Thanks for the help mate!

The issue is not unique to the T300, but the T-LCM pedals in GT7 instead. I have a T-GT with T-LCM pedals, playing GT7 on PS4 and I have the same issue. I verified that the T-GT wheel has the latest firmware, and the pedals do not have firmware to install.

This only occurs on GT7 and no other sim or racing game

Last edited:
The issue is not unique to the T300, but the T-LCM pedals in GT7 instead. I have a T-GT with T-LCM pedals, playing GT7 on PS4 and I have the same issue. I verified that the T-GT wheel has the latest firmware, and the pedals do not have firmware to install.

This only occurs on GT7 and no other sim or racing game
Thanks for your reply. I have yet to update and verify for myself but this doesn’t sound very promising..

I already had such a case in GTS, in connection with the T-LCM. It was there that the gas pedal and clutch were reversed, so I should have accelerated via the clutch.

I then disconnected and reconnected all connections and renewed the firmware on the steering wheel, went into the configuration of the pedals and set everything to the standard values here, after which it worked again.

I already had such a case in GTS, in connection with the T-LCM. It was there that the gas pedal and clutch were reversed, so I should have accelerated via the clutch.

I then disconnected and reconnected all connections and renewed the firmware on the steering wheel, went into the configuration of the pedals and set everything to the standard values here, after which it worked again.
Yeah, I think the clutch/gaspedal thing is a setting on the steering wheel (press the mode button for 5 seconds until the light turns red and vice versa for green) where you can select if you want it reversed or not. Nice for you it helped, but that's definitely not the case in my situation.

To works correctly with the T-LCM, don't forget to update the T300 base with the latest firmware version = V34.

Full process here (must be done on Windows 10 or Windows 11): https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/t500rs/T300RS_Firmware_Update_Procedure_V34.pdf

When done, with the T300:

* Open the T300 CONTROL PANEL and double-check the firmware version:
T300_CPL_FW_V34-1.png

* Check the SWITCH position of the base (RED Led for PS5 / ORANGE Led for PS4 / GREEN for PC) and check the PEDALS position (NORMAL or INVERTED):
T300_V34_Led_Color_s.png

When done, with the T-LCM:

* Check that the T300 is in T-LCM Mode (and not in T3PA Mode): https://ts.thrustmaster.com/downloa...T_LCM/T-LCM_RJ12-pedal_set_mode_detection.pdf

And very important: don't forget to calibrate the T-LCM with the Calibration Software (v.15) and to add a small dead zone at the beginning of the brake pedal's travel.

@WildRun that is some very useful information, thanks allot! I now have my hands on a windows 10 system so as soon as I've updated and proceeded with all these steps I'll let it know.

@xMAXIx79 this could also be very useful for you

@WildRun that is some very useful information, thanks allot! I now have my hands on a windows 10 system so as soon as I've updated and proceeded with all these steps I'll let it know.

@xMAXIx79 this could also be very useful for you
Thanks...

Maybe the translation wasn't correct, my system has been running as it should for some time now. I hadn't actually changed anything before, all of a sudden it just didn't work properly anymore, after I checked everything, checked the updates and reset the pedals to the factory settings, it worked again. After that I set the LCM back the way I like it and have been driving without any problems since then.

Ok I've updated to the latest firmware. Only problem I have now is when I run the TLCM calibration tool is the prompt: Please plug a device. But it's already plugged. Tried re-plugging and turning off and on the wheel completely, but it keeps giving the same message. Any clues? (steering wheel switch is in PS3/PC mode) and firmware update ran correctly

You have to USe the T-LCM Alone connected with USB. If you try it at T-300 it wan´t work on that Tool.

You can also Disconnect the T-300 and only connect the LCM with USB at your PC!

Last edited:
And very important: don't forget to calibrate the T-LCM with the Calibration Software (v.15) and to add a small dead zone at the beginning of the brake pedal's travel.
I suspect that could be my issue, as there is always a little line on the brake indicator in GT7. I'll add the dead-zone and see if that helps, thanks :)

I know I have to update my base, but when I brake I notice that I have to press like 80% in order just to get a little bit. Does the 2 pedal version also have a separate firmware that needs to be updated?

I know I have to update my base, but when I brake I notice that I have to press like 80% in order just to get a little bit. Does the 2 pedal version also have a separate firmware that needs to be updated?
No, as far as I know, these pedals don't have that, either the potentiometer in the pedal is defective or it's moved out of position, I had this problem with the accelerator pedal, it only reached about 80% when pressed to the maximum, so I couldn't go full throttle anymore give.

I didn't bother with these cheap parts for long and immediately bought the sensible T-LCM. The T-3PM/T-3PA would also have been possible, but the LoadCell was far more important to me.

No, as far as I know, these pedals don't have that, either the potentiometer in the pedal is defective or it's moved out of position, I had this problem with the accelerator pedal, it only reached about 80% when pressed to the maximum, so I couldn't go full throttle anymore give.

I didn't bother with these cheap parts for long and immediately bought the sensible T-LCM. The T-3PM/T-3PA would also have been possible, but the LoadCell was far more important to me.
Yeah my pedals are the original 2 pedal system when the wheel first came out back in 2014 I think. I probably would need to update them or just get a whole new wheel base/system at some point too

Yeah my pedals are the original 2 pedal system when the wheel first came out back in 2014 I think. I probably would need to update them or just get a whole new wheel base/system at some point too
The T300 are an good Wheel, so you can Upgrade with good Pedals, or you buy the DD Pro. The T-GT II are not much cheaper as DD Pro, so isn't it worth i think.

Last edited:
The T300 are an good Wheel, so you can Upgrade with good Pedals, or you buy the DD Pro. The T-GT II are not much cheaper as DD Pro, so isn't it worth i think.
Thanks, if I can get the new pedals to work with my old wheel then that would easily be the path that I would go with.

Like i have understand you right, you use the T300 or?

That works good with Pedals like T-LCM, same with the cheap T150.
So its your choise and if you look at "Money for Performance" the BEST DEAL.

Last edited:
Like i have understand you right, you use the T300 or?

That works good with Pedals like T-LCM, same with the cheap T150.
So its your choise and if you look at "Money for Performance" the BEST DEAL.
Yes, I currently use the T300RS with the original 2 pedal system.

Then i say, make that Upgrade with T-LCM, If have it, it need some Hours/Days and your Leg Muscles have "install that Pedals in your Brain" and you will be happy.

To works correctly with the T-LCM, don't forget to update the T300 base with the latest firmware version = V34.

Full process here (must be done on Windows 10 or Windows 11): https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/t500rs/T300RS_Firmware_Update_Procedure_V34.pdf

When done, with the T300:

* Open the T300 CONTROL PANEL and double-check the firmware version:
T300_CPL_FW_V34-1.png

* Check the SWITCH position of the base (RED Led for PS5 / ORANGE Led for PS4 / GREEN for PC) and check the PEDALS position (NORMAL or INVERTED):
T300_V34_Led_Color_s.png

When done, with the T-LCM:

* Check that the T300 is in T-LCM Mode (and not in T3PA Mode): https://ts.thrustmaster.com/downloa...T_LCM/T-LCM_RJ12-pedal_set_mode_detection.pdf

Thanks a lot for that info. Will update firmware on both the hub and pedals and hopefully, touch wood, that’ll resolve the issue.

Back