Issues don't get addressed on official forums - Your thoughts?

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...gs-anomalies--wierd-camera-placement-etc.aspx

^^ Came across this recently. I've actually experienced some of these myself. Was contemplating the other day posting on the official forums like this gentleman.

Unfortunately, they get locked and you get the "email address runaround".

What's the use, right?
Because they get like 10 threads a day complaining about the same thing?

Also didn't they just release a patch this month fixing some of these issues?

Reminds me of the idiot that was complaining about censorship because a mod merged his thread (one post, his) with another thread that was about 20 pages long that was on the front page with a similar title about the same topic.

Last edited:
I think you have to be realistic. They will release a patch every month right? For every DLC? The current one would already be done and dusted?

I suspect Dan and his team have a huge SCRUM board (just like Silicon Valley!) where they have critical issues and whatever can wait until 2, 3, 4 months down the track.

I dont think they are ignoring anyone, they just know about it all already and they have too much to fix in a speed that will please anyone.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...gs-anomalies--wierd-camera-placement-etc.aspx

^^ Came across this recently. I've actually experienced some of these myself. Was contemplating the other day posting on the official forums like this gentleman.

Unfortunately, they get locked and you get the "email address runaround".

What's the use, right?
It doesn't work like it does here. The moderators there are just that, they just have to regulate the trash that goes through there and lock the thread that pops up 26 times a day, while sending them a link to the correct thread and/or the email to the people that you actually need to talk to.

If you actually need help with something or have a concern, the moderators are not going to be the people that would be able to help you, the techs for the game will, and that's why everything gets forwarded to that email.

I think they lock these threads because what needs to said has been said, not to mention that most things probably have been brought up before. They have taken note of the feedback and they probably see no reason to discuss it further. I'd be concerned if these threads got deleted without a word.

It doesn't work like it does here. The moderators there are just that, they just have to regulate the trash that goes through there and lock the thread that pops up 26 times a day, while sending them a link to the correct thread and/or the email to the people that you actually need to talk to.

If you actually need help with something or have a concern, the moderators are not going to be the people that would be able to help you, the techs for the game will, and that's why everything gets forwarded to that email.

Dude, not sure if you're taking this into account: that email address is either a dummy address or an official one that never gets checked. Many have complained about getting no response at all to their concerns, including myself. It's pretty much a dead end. The time it takes me to send emails to that address, I might as well brush my teeth or use the bathroom.. it is useless!

I think they lock these threads because what needs to said has been said, not to mention that most things probably have been brought up before. They have taken note of the feedback and they probably see no reason to discuss it further. I'd be concerned if these threads got deleted without a word.

That's the thing: there's no indication if they've taken note of the feedback or not.

I can't imagine how many people email them with legit and/or BS issues that are between their ears. If you really expect to hear something back it's going to take time.

I can't imagine how many people email them with legit and/or BS issues that are between their ears. If you really expect to hear something back it's going to take time.

No bro, fact: none of the emails ever get answered. Period. It's almost as if they have a no-response policy.

Seriously though, they are hurting their franchise by not responding - a Twitter or Facebook page that lets people contact devs directly to discuss genuine concerns wouldn't hurt anybody.

Dude, not sure if you're taking this into account: that email address is either a dummy address or an official one that never gets checked. Many have complained about getting no response at all to their concerns, including myself. It's pretty much a dead end.

Except those times they do get answered.

The time it takes me to send emails to that address, I might as well brush my teeth or use the bathroom.. it is useless!

You mean, like the time it takes to post on a forum?

That's the thing: there's no indication if they've taken note of the feedback or not.

When there were issues with the Rewards program not updating, numerous people posted they had emailed, then had a fix within a day or so.

1495486356186626600.jpg

Seriously though, they are hurting their franchise by not responding - a Twitter or Facebook page that lets people contact devs directly to discuss genuine concerns wouldn't hurt anybody.

Dan himself responded on the forums about the Drivatar rabbits. Bryan has repeatedly responded to issues on the forums, as well as on Twitter, and even in livestreams.

They probably get thousands and thousands of e-mails about people complaining about things that are so insignificant that's it's hard to wade through everything. And those issues posted in that thread you linked to us from the official form aren't really that big of an issue and don't break anything with the game, so they are probably pretty low priority.

Regardless of that one thread though, it has been proven that the Forza developers do listen to their fans and do take the time to read their criticisms based on the changes we've seen.

DAILY REMINDER: the fm.net forums are not handled by T10, but by a team of volunteer moderators. Therefore opening yet another thread to complain about this glitch or that missing feature is not only annoying, but basically useless, as whoever's in charge has as much power over what's done with the game as you, the player.

DAILY REMINDER: the fm.net forums are not handled by T10, but by a team of volunteer moderators. Therefore opening yet another thread to complain about this glitch or that missing feature is not only annoying, but basically useless, as whoever's in charge has as much power over what's done with the game as you, the player.

I read a moderator once tell a member that it's T10's policy (regarding an issue he was facing) and that they don't get to make the rules. Why even have forums and mods if they don't act as the developer's eyes and ears?

I read a moderator once tell a member that it's T10's policy (regarding an issue he was facing) and that they don't get to make the rules. Why even have forums and mods if they don't act as the developer's eyes and ears?

I have a T10 staff members direct Microsoft Email. I have sent him a single email regarding a few issues with FM6, mostly about the force feedback on a wheel this time around. I didn't get a response back regarding the issue, and I expected as much. It is not T10's policy to address this stuff until they have fixed it, and this has always been the case. Sometimes, even when a community is upset over something, it is far better to keep quiet than to get into an argument with a few people who are raging. The former may annoy people, but the latter results in the same mess that SMS created with bad publicity.

This time around, T10 community staff have had the mods on the Forza forums put up a "support" sub forum, and you can bet that some T10 staff are looking through those threads. Just because they do not respond in every single one, doesn't mean they are not watching. Mods on the forum have been known to say in the past also, that "you never know who you are talking too". Which does imply that T10 staff my privately interact on the forums with their private gamertags, and not their T10 work gamertags.

As for the mods closing and merging threads, that is what they are there for. The mods over there only do the same thing as the mods do on here when there are multiple threads regarding the exact same thing. They do this to keep some semblance of order, and to keep things as tidy as they can.

To give individual users a place to form a community? It doesn't mean that it's convenient to use them as a feedback-collecting service. Especially if you take into account how many threads are opened regarding subjective, rather than objective, issues with the game. Most of them sound a bit like this: "HURR DURR TURN 10 RACECARS ARE BORING GIVE ME MY S14 SILVIA NOW!11!!".

A welcome change's been the addition of a "support" sub forum for those objective issues.

This time around, T10 community staff have had the mods on the Forza forums put up a "support" sub forum, and you can bet that some T10 staff are looking through those threads. Just because they do not respond in every single one, doesn't mean they are not watching. Mods on the forum have been known to say in the past also, that "you never know who you are talking too". Which does imply that T10 staff my privately interact on the forums with their private gamertags, and not their T10 work gamertags.

Actually, they do not respond at all, rather than 'not respond to every single one' to begin with.

That's the case regardless of who handles the forum. Even if it were T10 themselves, there's still no point in those threads. Try doing the same on the Project CARS or Assetto Corsa forums and you'll see the same result. The latter two do read and respond to real issues brought in a normal manner with proof, but they ignore (and/or close) rants, whining, duplicates, or issues that just don't have enough to go on. Nobody got time for that. ;)

I've seen them respond on the board and Twitter, just quit crying like a baby about it since your precious email wasn't answered.

Seriously, its a game. Not a helpline.
Get a grip

I think you ought to read earlier posts more carefully before taking cheap shots - I am NOT the one waiting on them to reply to my emails. I don't send them emails because I don't need to.

People talk about this on the official forums so I wanted to discuss it here and gather thoughts. Make sense?

No one's cryin' here. Just a discussion is what it is.

I think you ought to read earlier posts more carefully before taking cheap shots - I am NOT the one waiting on them to reply to my emails. I don't send them emails because I don't need to.

People talk about this on the official forums so I wanted to discuss it here and gather thoughts. Make sense?

It is not T10's policy to address this stuff until they have fixed it, and this has always been the case.

This has always been the way with T10. The fact that they have responded in a few of them threads, especially Dan Greenawalt himself, is actually quite amazing.

The thing here is though, is that just because they are not responding with any great frequency. It doesn't mean that they are not looking into the issues that people are bringing forward to them. A lot of people not only expect them to respond, but they also expect them to have the issues fixed in 10 seconds flat. It just doesn't work this way.

This has always been the way with T10. The fact that they have responded in a few of them threads, especially Dan Greenawalt himself, is actually quite amazing.

The thing here is though, is that just because they are not responding with any great frequency. It doesn't mean that they are not looking into the issues that people are bringing forward to them. A lot of people not only expect them to respond, but they also expect them to have the issues fixed in 10 seconds flat. It just doesn't work this way.

Cool - I liked how they patched some of the cockpit views along with re-adjusting in-race volume levels and correcting engine notes for some of the V8 cars and GT350.

Anticipating the next patch as there is a lot that needs fixing, particularly visual bugs and cockpit FOV.

Cheap shots?
Not a cheap shot at all...

Latest Posts

Back