Issues with shared tunes

United States
West Virginia
HBR-Roadhog
HBR Roadhog
After running several tests I have determined that loading shared tunes does not work properly.
It seems that some tunes do ok and others not. Thus far it appears that if the tune uses damper ride height and spring settings to get more speed Daytona X class for example then the tune if downloaded to the local system either from the leaderboard or by using the get tunes/ download and save options when you load the tune it does not reach its real speed.

If you download from the get tunes section and choose download and install then the tune works properly so long as you leave it on the car. If you reload the tune at some point then it does not work properly afterwards.

So if you are wanting to try a X class tune for Daytona Oval you should go to get tunes then download and install and then leave it on the car. Once removed you will need to go to the get tunes and repeat the process to get it to work properly.

This only appears to be the case on the faster tunes that make use of odd damper and spring settings to get the top speed.

For example the top tunes on Daytona will hit 248mph but if saved then loaded will only reach 246. It you use get tunes and then choose download and install the car will do the 248 as it should. If you then reload the tune from your local drive it will only do 246.

"Only" do 246 MPH ;) is the issue hitting the rev limiter or that physics doesn't allow you to go faster? And do you slipstream to get those speeds?

No slip streaming being done. These are straight up solo hot laps . No issues with the car,

The issue is that the shared tunes when loaded from the HD do not work properly when certain settings are used on them. If you choose download an install from get tunes they work fine. If you choose download and save, or download from the leaderboard or even if you have previously used the download and install option and then later reload the tune from the My Tunes section then the tune does not work properly and the result is that it will run slower top speeds. It is likely that one or more setting is not properly loaded from a shared tune.

btw by shared tune I do not mean you own tune that you have shared but one that you have gotten from the server, basically anything with a lock on it.

It does not seem to be an issue on most tunes, just those that are tweaked for a lot of speed.

What you're describing sounds very much like a known bug that has carried over from FM5.

Tunes downloaded and saved from the storefront have an issue whereby all the changes to the front of the car default to the original stock settings.
It was patched in FM5 so i'd expect it to be fixed at some point.

As you've already pointed out, If you 'download and install' it will download correctly.

What you're describing sounds very much like a known bug that has carried over from FM5.

Tunes downloaded and saved from the storefront have an issue whereby all the changes to the front of the car default to the original stock settings.
It was patched in FM5 so i'd expect it to be fixed at some point.

As you've already pointed out, If you 'download and install' it will download correctly.

The work around to that particular bug, was to load up the tunes before entering a race (from the main menu/tuning menu. Not while on track). Not an ideal solution, but if T10 has done the same thing again. It is the only solution to use the tunes properly.

Back