Isuzu PIAZZA "tuned by lotus"

• Thread starter Speezly
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
Speezly
new to the forums, just wanted to see if anyone has the recipe for a "Tuned By Lotus" version of the PIAZZA? I'm assuming it involves beefed up suspension and a low rpm turbo kit? Im looking for specs now but thought I'd ask here.

It might simply mean that someone from lotus assisted with the engineering of the original car.
I know the suspension was redone and I'm still looking for specs like springs rates etc that vary between the two

I thought all that was meant by "tuned by Lotus" was that Lotus helped with the suspension and chassis.
And from what I understand, it was only because they were trying to make cars that were built strictly for comfort and luxury, to actually handle well also.
I know they did the Genesis that way. But I don't remember seeing anything about the Piazza.

What I do not understand, is how does what Lotus did in real life, alter any cars in game? Is 'tuned by Lotus' a new slang term for a certain suspension setting? I'm trying to get this, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do have several version of Piazza replicas made about a year ago, haven't posted them yet as they were pretty much stock car replica and not many have interest in the car, only drove it online for cruising long ago :)

That link gives good info on the spring rate. The real Piazza Turbo with Handling By Lotus has some differences, from gear ratios, stiffer dampers and although it retains live rear axle, it has highly modified design, sway bars and geometry - 5 links instead of 3 links from standard Piazza. Weight and distribution are also differs from some year models, also incorrect in GT6.
Lotus springs are F 4.3 kg/mm while R 2.3-4.8 kg/mm ( progressive )

From 1988 model year, all Piazza/Impulse received Lotus Handling package. The 1989 Turbo Piazza has 150PS and 23kgfm torque, while the 1984 Piazza XS Turbo has 180PS and 25.5kgfm torque, it uses air cooled turbine while later years like 1989 Turbo uses water cooled turbine. The turbo engine is SOHC, while the NA uses DOHC, except the early '81 XJ which has NA SOHC engine with lowest output at 120PS.

I found this link via @rams1de 's post.
http://www.isuzupiazza.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1011

It describes the Piazza accurately in the title :lol:

My mate used to have one of these 'Lotus Handling' Piazzas yonks ago and it was quite good if I remember rightly, from the inside anyway, shifted a bit as well once the blower kicked in.
Had the heating controls and stuff on binnacles either side of the wheel and 'semi' pop-up headlights.
Quite futuristic in the late '80s, early '90s. :D

isuzu_piazza_3.jpg

Latest Posts

Back