It has to be said...

Mexico
Mexico
As dawn began to break in the rearview mirror of my trusty Corvette CR.7 on the 10th and final lap in LeMans while I was chasing the distant, small dot ahead trying to catch it for fourth place while fending off the late charge of the pesky Ferrari that I overtook two laps earlier, I thought “What an elegant, deep, subtle and fun this game is...” So thank you Turn 10, for the best and probably last of its kind Forza Motorsport game, and thank you :gtplanet:, for being home to the best videogame racing site and forums! :gtpflag:

Why would Dawn break your rearview mirror? That inconsiderate B*tch !!!! :D:D:D Seriously, this is the BEST Forza Motorsport yet! I am so happy! Keep up the good work Turn 10! :gtpflag:

I should have been more poetic, like, "As I glimpsed the break of dawn in the rearview mirror..." yada yada! :lol: But the thing is the game has so many beautiful moments like that, for instance, a misty Spa, Long Beach at sunset, Mount Panorama at early morning, a drenched Hockenheim at evening, I could go on...

@Nacho Libre what makes you believe that this wil be the last FM game of its kind? If anything Turn 10 are often criticised for running game ideas into the ground.

Well, it's the last game on Xbox One for certain and it will be optimized for Xbox One X, but it's basically the same game at higher resolutions.
Forza 8 or whatever is called may go in new directions thanks to the power of the platform, maybe VR implementation, maybe more emphasis on e-sports, etc. I do feel the current formula, as good as it is (at least in single player) has maxed out.

Well, it's the last game on Xbox One for certain and it will be optimized for Xbox One X, but it's basically the same game at higher resolutions.
Forza 8 or whatever is called may go in new directions thanks to the power of the platform, maybe VR implementation, maybe more emphasis on e-sports, etc. I do feel the current formula, as good as it is (at least in single player) has maxed out.

I agree. While Forza Motorsport is my favourite sim racing franchise at the moment, Turn 10 is reaching the limit (or already hit the limit for some) of trying to keep each new instalment feeling fresh with more cars and tracks, plus a reworked interface. Horizon doesn't face this issue as much as the entire driving environment changes, there are new quests to discover and open-world arcade racing games generally have a wider scope for innovation.

Back