It needs a clutch!

• Thread starter Rooble
  • 3 comments
I dont want to write a massive wishlist đź’ˇ , its probably been mentioned before for the GT series, but no bike game is ever complete without a CLUTCH! Bare in mind the majority if not all of these bikes and others produce the most power at the higher end of the RPM scale, it kinda sucks that you dont have a clutch to get that engine screaming! I guess with a car it really isnt such a big thing, but with a bike, you dont have a handbrake so CIRCLE would be ideal for a clutch! They claim it to be a riding simulator but o well, the game still looks bloody amazing, i guess thats the only let down i see as of now :indiff:

Um.. Why would a clutch affect the available RPMs?

And yes, the discussion has been done to death.. and most people agree that a clutch could never be done correctly, and therefore should not be done at all. And this is coming from people who drive stick in real life.

A clutch wouldnt obviously affect the available RPM's, it just enables you to access them quicker, if you've ever ridden a two stroke, you'll understand. Bikes have less torque then cars, due to the engine size, hence the power is concentrated at higher RPM, clutching it, just builds the revs and gives you access to the power instantly, the only problem then on a road bike is actually controlling the power. LEAN FORWARD and adjust the throttle accordingly. I wouldnt recommend this style of riding on a bike like the R1 (torque monster) , but a GSXR600/1000 its ideal IMO.

As for the people driving 'stick' (i assume thats manual transmission) then ok, for the GT series perhaps it really isnt such a good idea, but for a bike, i think its key.

Just my opinion...

You'd slip the clutch to get high RPM on a two stroke, or a GSXR1000, but not an R1? What you talking 'bout?

Yes, slip the clutch on a two-stroke to get in the powerband is nigh-on essential to get the thing rolling. It's not required with a 1 litre superbike though. On the road you wouldn't need to slip the clutch that much on an R1 or GSXR1000 (they didn't when I rode them), and if you were on a track it'd be up to you.

To say one of those bikes needs it and the other doesn't isn't quite right.

Back