It took Gran Turismo almost a decade to catch up

• Thread starter GTprophet
  • 6 comments
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Skip to around 2:00

I have seen the new GT6 suspension being talked about a lot recently, and after seeing it in action, it reminds me SO MUCH of Enthusia, while GT5 fades in comparison.

The way tires grip the road while body roll pushes the suspension to its limits goes hand in hand with Enthusia, IMO.

It only took Gran Turismo almost 10 years to catch up.

Does anyone else share my opinion or I am just crazy?

Absolutely. Makes me chuckle to see GTA13 gets praises left and right while EPR got dismissed en masse by self-proclaimed "console sim enthusiasts".

Based on videos, the GTA demo looks like it isn't even quite there yet. I still have to try it myself, though.

It's a bit frustrating to watch everyone praise the physics improvements of each new GT/Forza, while Polyphony and Turn 10 merely fix problems that Enthusia never suffered from to begin with. :rolleyes: But it's good that the console sim genre is finally moving forward.

A lot of it is that GT and Forza were better able to grab attention, namely GT was established and had everyone at the time bowing to it's will, and Forza was the shiny new toy that you could make a lot of cool things with. Enthusia didn't have the following, the looks, or some of the details the others did.

OP: No, you right. It took GT5 backlash for PD to finally change something.

I know chances are slim that we will ever see a GT6 vs Enthusia comparison video, mainly because of the fact that, by the time GT6 is out, this thread will fall in oblivion, but it would be an interesting video none the less, primarily because it would give Enthusia some more of the spotlight it deserves.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Gran Turismo series, but I do find annoying how (some) people are all glorifying something now just because it is "The Real Driving Simulator", which, almost a decade later, is moving into direction of a "game" that those same people (probably) dissed. Sure, it lacked in some areas which, to a true driving ENTHUSIAST, would not matter much because of the unmatched feedback you get from racing, or even cruising trough the tracks.

Only after I have passed my driving license and driven some miles have I realized just how much Enthusia has in common with the real world.

Following statement may border with extreme bull****tery but I am convinced of it: Enthusia has made me a better, and at the same time, a more safe driver.

It was a pleasant surprise to see how much more the body roll is pronounced this time around, which actually did immediately remind me of Enthusia. It also makes GT5's suspension model and physics in general seem to have more in common with matchbox cars than real life.

However, as other have said, it's still not there, yet. The GTA demo still falls short on the tire model in my opinion.

The fact that it has taken the self-proclaimed ''Real Driving Simulator'' nearly a decade to catch up with EPR's level of realism makes the game even more impressive than it already is.

Latest Posts

Back