ITC - Cooper Challenge! One-make!Open 

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener
main_stage_noflash_x_0_y_0.jpg

Welcome to International Touring Car Cooper Challenge! This is a one-make championship using the fun-to-drive and agile MINI Cooper S '11 in sport trim. The specs are all based on real life; the series runs in Australia and United Kingdom. The cars will feature 210 hp and 1150 kg., exactly as their real life counterparts do. This series will utilize GTP's OLRs, with amendments to Section 01: J, ensuring close, competitive and clean fun for everyone!

14724613930_4c27ddf42a_o.jpg

Race Formats & Schedules:

Wednesdays, 17h30 UTC-0 (UK Summer time), is when Final Practice (aka P3) should/will begin.
P3 will last 45 minutes; this gives you 45 minutes to join and be ready.
Qualifying (aka "Q1") begins promptly at 18h15; whether you are ready or not. Please be certain that you pay attention to time, these events will be time sensitive!!
Race 1 (R1) will begin immediately following Q1. If you do not submit a lap time in Q1, you will either start from last or be sent home. Race 1 will be 30 minutes in length, run with GT6's "Endurance Race" type; a countdown from 30 minutes until 0 minutes begins immediately with race start.
Race 2 (R2) will begin soon afterwards (19h10) and will follow a similar race format, except that tire/fuel depletion will be accelerated, requiring a pit stop.

Season Schedule:

1: Grand Valley Speedway - Sept. 10th
2: Special Stage Route 5 - Sept. 17th
3: Bathurst - Sept. 24th
4: Silverstone International - Oct. 1st
5: Red Bull Ring - Oct. 8th
6: Trial Mountain - Oct. 15th
7: Nürburgring GP/D - Oct. 22nd
8: Twin Ring Motegi East - Oct. 29th
9: Spa Francorchamps - Nov. 5th
10: Nürburgring Nordschleife - Nov. 12th

14888299426_8cab7af9e3_o.jpg

Start types:

In ITC Cooper Challenge, both a standing start and rolling start will be used. The standing start will be used for Race 1, the rolling start for Race 2. Standing starts are organized by GT6's built-in functions.

Rolling starts are organized by the front row; each subsequent row is expected to closely follow the row in front of them, with the front row taking the responsibility of ensuring a close start. Failure to sufficiently slow to bunch the field up can result in a "false start" penalty. Failure to maintain pace during the pace lap (excluding front row!) can result in being overtaken; this will serve as a grid position penalty. Follow a reasonable pace without excessive swerving in order to ensure a clean race start/restart and you will not be penalized.

14726135978_139a470ef4_o.jpg

Other rules:
  • Pit lane closed during Race 1, except for drive-through penalties if applicable
  • Pit lane open during Race 2, at all times.
  • You must pit during Race 2.
  • If you have any doubts about acceptable track limits on a corner, you must bring them to the attention of myself
  • All cars must have car numbers; cars without car numbers will not be scored.
  • ITCC D/C Procedure is in place:
Connection:
Connections have been greatly improved for ITCC 5. As ever, please simply clear cache under "Options" under the Start button menu. It is found under the "Network Settings" under "Options."
Problem Solving:
D/C Procedure: If a driver is disconnected from the lobby, and is able to re-enter the lobby and type "D/C" in the chat box within 4 minutes of the start of the race, the race will be restarted. There is a maximum of 1 D/C restart per race, and 2 D/C restarts per driver per race weekend. If a driver disconnects from 3 races in a row, the driver will not be scored in the third race, in an attempt to keep the schedule somewhat organized. Races will remain full distance, minus the number of laps already run by the lead car.

When a D/C restart is called, please back out in order of standing. First place should back out first, last place should back out last. Please back out in a timely fashion and reenter the course as quickly as possible. Do your best to keep the schedule organized. Upon reentry to course, please follow series director's guidance to manually set grid in order of positions as they were when D/C restart was called. Any pass attempts in progress shall be deemed unsuccessful, and the positions reverted to as they were before pass attempt was begun.

DNS procedure is when you're in the race, but you can not get the car to move. You have to back out to XMB dashboard and re-enter the lobby within 5 minutes of the race start. Type "DNS" in the chat box before the 5 minutes are up, and the race will be restarted.

The typing the reason for your departure is to ensure that you have successfully connected once again - the race will not stop if you disconnect twice, or fail to connect for some other reason.

Error 697 or 705 code upon attempting to enter lobby:

You will be unable to connect to the lobby host. If an attempt is successful, you will likely have "invisible drivers" on track. Port forwarding is a simple and effective solution to this problem. The Series Director, ITCC_Andrew, has port-forwarded all of the required ports for GT6, and this issue should be resolved. However, if not, the first and foremost thing to resolve the issue is port-forwarding.

14908223851_a8e2aa5df3_o.jpg

Car:

MINI Cooper S '11

Following parts shall be installed:

Oil change
Chassis ridgidity modification
All GT Auto maintenance
GT Auto rims acceptable but not mandatory
Car number
Window Weight Reduction
Sports Computer
Sports Intake Tuning
Triple Plate clutch
6 Speed transmission (NOT ADJUSTABLE!!)
Racing Brakes
Racing Hard suspension (NOT ADJUSTABLE!!)

Specifications: 210 hp, 1150 kg. Brake bias adjustable.

Post your PSN name, GTP name and car number.

Registered drivers:

PSN/GTP/Car number:

MrMelancholy15/ITCC_Andrew/51

Get ready to RACE with RAcing Community Evolved!

shame there's not much interest in this as I'd really like to take part, but put me down anyway, I'll be hopeful.

Not_Him_59/nepal road/59

shame, oh well, here's hoping the racing in Project Cars matches its good looks.
@Ettick , have you been put off hosting race series? would you mind telling me why.

shame, oh well, here's hoping the racing in Project Cars matches its good looks.
@Ettick , have you been put off hosting race series? would you mind telling me why.
I'm signed up for 4 series right now, running one, and have school work to do. I also might quit GT6 in December, after ITCC 6 ends, but I'll at least be cutting it down to racing in maybe one series and doing WRS. I don't want to over-commit myself.

I'm signed up for 4 series right now, running one, and have school work to do. I also might quit GT6 in December, after ITCC 6 ends, but I'll at least be cutting it down to racing in maybe one series and doing WRS. I don't want to over-commit myself.
OK then, that's fair enough, thanks for the answer.

So, who will take the control of ITC after you quit, Ettick?

Back