It's official

  • Thread starter Thread starter bluetori
  • 21 comments
  • 1,856 views
Messages
1
I've always been a lurker but now it's too much. After the newest update v1.10 this game crashes more than new vegas, and when I am actually able to play a game I cant even pause it with a menu it's just a blank screen.

Am I the only one this is happening to or what oh and the game also makes my car appear to be driving in the air because the track completly disappears.
 
I just got the prob that in b-spec it crashes EVERY TIME! I didnt have these problems earlier, but now...this is actually the first time i say this, and it hurts...but at the moment i dônt like (!) GT5...ouch
 
I've had absolutely no problems. Haven't tried b-spec though.
 
No problems for me too, haven't touched b-spec also.
 
I've had no issues at all, a-spec or b-spec, maybe you shud uninstall the game data and try again?
 
no issues for me.
A-Spec, B-Spec, Online... never had a crash with the game. Post the v1.10 patch, or prior.

Sounds like corrupt data or something. I think richmcg got it right. Save you game, uninstall and reinstall. Start Fresh.
 
I've been playing GT5 for nearly 3 months and the game crashed only 4 or 5 times during this period. But i have to point out that i took out the GT5 blu-ray only once from my console since it's the only game i play. So maybe this has something to do with your GT5 CD.
 
Have you installed the 3.65 firmware update for your PS3? That may help if you haven't already.

Oh and if your track is disappearing, your CD is either dirty or scratched, or perhaps your install is bad. The same thing happened to me on Forza 3 and I had to buff the scratches out with some T-Cut. After that it ran fine.
 
Have you updated your PS3 to firmware 3.65 ? Kaz suggests on his twitter account to do that before running GT5 v1.10

edit: beaten
 
No problems at all A Spec or B Spec for that matter.
 
i've had a few crashing problems since 1.10. The game is also much slower in general when its doing anything on PSN.
 
If updating your PS3 to fw3.65 doesn't help, try reinstalling your game data.
 
I predict YLOD but in the gran scheme of things it doesn't matter. 2012 is right around the corner.

No problems on launch ps3 or new slim
 
Ok, so these are what I'd do if I were you.

—Try your copy in a different PS3, or
—Try a different copy of GT5 in your PS3. If that doesn't work,
—Download the PS3 update. If that doesn't work,
—Delete your game data (after backing up your save data), install it. If that doesn't work,
—Backup all your data, format your hard drive, reinstall. If that doesn't work,
—Replace the hard drive, reinstall. If that doesn't work,
—Start saving for a new PS3, because you'll probably need it.

Also, keep backups of all your saves and other data as often as you can be bothered to. I didn't and lost quite a lot when my fat PS3 YLOD'd 5 hours into GT5 (on the release day, as well!), though to be fair I haven't played any other game for any significant period of time since GT5 so that wasn't a huge loss.

However, I too have had strange behaviour since 1.10, and I don't have PS3 OS 3.65. Things like you described (loading a race into a black screen, then quitting back to the GT Life screen), quitting back to the GT Life screen immediately after a race ends, loading the pre-race screen but not having a menu appear for a good couple of minutes... The track hasn't disappeared for me for a long time, though, it's been months since that last happened.

Sounds to me as though your data is corrupt, though, I wouldn't bet on it being the disc or your PS3 getting ready to die (the signs of that are more obvious than just crashes, things like the PS3 turning itself off happen long before that), it could be a corruption from the download not being 100% right (unlikely) or your hard drive just getting old or tired. I've had that happen to me twice with my old PS3, each time the drive was under two years old.
 
Make sure your system updates are current. Haven't had a problem since I've been playing the game.
 
Not a problem here. And yeah, ^
 
After the newest update v1.10 this game crashes more than new vegas

This is the most blatant over-exaggeration I have ever read anywhere.

Its like saying GT5's physics are worse than Namco Pole Position :dopey:
 
Not had a single problem.

Your PS3 may be on it's way to console heaven.
 
So it's official or what?
 
So it's official or what?

I would say "What"

GT5 only crashes for me when I load some fastest lap replays as ghosts to chase - occasionally the game freezes when the ghost crosses the finish line. But this is very occasionally. It has never crashed under any other circumstance before or after the latest update.
 
I've been playing this game since launch almost every day, and it has only crashed once. And I'm not even sure whether this was in GT5, maybe it was in another game :). Also, I run a lot of B-spec and I sometimes do rubber band grinding sessions of about 24 hours non-stop. Doesn't cause any problems. And I didn't even install patch 3.65.

So I think something must be wrong with your specific console or bluray disc.
 
Did you try turning off the custom soundtrack?
 
Back