Its simple, just communicate.

Messages
32
Hi fellow SIM RACERS :) I would say that my driving style is fast, slightly aggresive but always fair.

1.

If you don't already do this then do it now, it's worth it. When racing online try to remeber people's PSN ID who you have had a good race or clean battle with, then send them a message through your PSN message system via the PS3 to add them to your friends list. This will guarantee you good clean racers to race with when the private rooms are available.

2.

If you have raced against slightly more aggressive or like a to do a bit of contact racing racers, again message them via your PS3 telling them your concerns in a constructive manner and then send them an ADD A FRIEND REQUEST, I will guarantee you from my past experiences that the next time you race them online they will be alot more curtious towards you and other drivers.

I blacklisted a fellow racer for ramming and bashing me online after racing with him/her on the same track several times in a row. I did the above steps and after this I have raced him/her online, and his/her driving style altered. Instead of wacking and bashing he/she focused on racing a lot more cleaner. And a bonus, when he/she hit me and I spun out of control he/she has stopped and waited for me to get back on the track so we could carry on racing. :) Before he/she would have just taken off and carried on causing carnage and mayhem.

I personally have added quite a few names to my friends list this way (bring on the private rooms)

Its simple, just communicate.
 
I don't think I'll be waiting for any spinners. You spin out, you lose in my book. Pressuring people into mistakes through your driving is all part of the fun.
 
I only wait for someone thats spun in a 2,3 or 4 player race, because its rather dull otherwise. In greater number races, its counter-productive, especially if you stop on the track, in the way of other racers.
Ive already added a couple of people purely on having some great races with them.
 
I don't think I'll be waiting for any spinners. You spin out, you lose in my book. Pressuring people into mistakes through your driving is all part of the fun.

Your missing the point of this thread its to try to educate people to race a lot more fairly and more curtious towards each other.

I personally find it quite an honour that someone is willing to give up their place to wait for me to rejoin.

Winning isn't everything. Some of my best racing experiences has been in the middle of the pack where a group of us have been swoping and changing places regularly throughout the race :), alot more fun than being out in front on your own WINNING.
 
I personally find it quite an honour that someone is willing to give up their place to wait for me to rejoin.

Winning isn't everything. Some of my best racing experiences has been in the middle of the pack where a group of us have been swoping and changing places regularly throughout the race :), alot more fun than being out in front on your own WINNING.

Yes but parking your car in the middle of the track (or anywhere, even if it isnt the racing line) is pretty stupid and would award you a black flag (and probably a race ban or worse) in real life racing. You shouldnt start setting an example and/or expect people to do this because its going to cause accidents.

Perhaps you should be more desciptive in what you mean when they wait for you?
 
Yes but parking your car in the middle of the track (or anywhere, even if it isnt the racing line) is pretty stupid and would award you a black flag (and probably a race ban or worse) in real life racing. You shouldnt start setting an example and/or expect people to do this because its going to cause accidents.

Perhaps you should be more desciptive in what you mean when they wait for you?

I don't expect people to stop and wait for me or each other, it was just this one particular person that did it for me. Common sense has a part to play as well, if you are going to wait for someone to re join do it in a safe place on the track, like a run off area, I did'nt mean wait directly where the incident or run off occured. :)
 
I don't expect people to stop and wait for me or each other, it was just this one particular person that did it for me. Common sense has a part to play as well, if you are going to wait for someone to re join do it in a safe place on the track, like a run off area, I did'nt mean wait directly where the incident or run off occured. :)

I know what you meant, I was just pointing out that you may need to be a little more clear, some people may read this and think theyre being nice for stopping in the centre of the track. :)
 
I know what you meant, I was just pointing out that you may need to be a little more clear, some people may read this and think theyre being nice for stopping in the centre of the track. :)

My bads :)
 
i have only ever stopped and waited for 1 person and that was a french person who i was racing and there wasnt anybody else in the race. There have been a couple of times where if i have shunted someone without meaning to and have taken their place i have slowed down and let them have their place back so that i can claim it in a fair way.
 
Stop going on about shunting and waiting.

This thread is about communicating to other people through messaging them via your PS3 so good things will happen in online racing.
 
I get messages after races on my PS3. All are complimentary and cordial. I always mention GTP to clean racers if they have not yet checked out the site.
 
Agreed that's what the create a message option is there for.

I've sent messages to people after good and bad races.
You either get a sensible reply or an F u. But that just helps to sort the good from the not so good.
Added and been added to friends list.

And I like you Ravenmaven always mention GTP to clean racers.
I know at least one of them is now in the GTP registry.

I even messaged LANDO ( didn't know he was a member here after a good nights racing with him) who started the first blacklist when we were playing the JPN version.:dunce:.
You can imagine his reply:)
 
I am always a far as ai know a good a fair racer and have had some vrilliant battles in my F430 but have not yet been added to any lists. I have added 2 to mine.
 
Pressuring folks in a race is part of the game, but nudging cars causing them to spin and crash is not their fault no matter how slight the impact is. And it is just proper to wait for them since you caused their demise.

This seems to happen often, bumping no matter how slight specially on large apexes will cause folks to loose control, specially those driving RWDs.

And also the common complaint, "he brakes early" should not cut it, either you brake earlier or take another line.
 
I would love tp be able to talk to someone in a race, for example yesterday i had a race, in which i 'touched' someone, so i wanted to let the other win, but he/she did not understand and crashed on me. If there was some sort of messaging possible it could have been different.
 
I would love tp be able to talk to someone in a race, for example yesterday i had a race, in which i 'touched' someone, so i wanted to let the other win, but he/she did not understand and crashed on me. If there was some sort of messaging possible it could have been different.

That's the biggest problem. There is no instant way of doing anything about it.
Unless you have TS ( I for one don't )

We all get too wrapped up in racing.

It ludicrous that we have to remember who we have offended , quit the game to go and apologise.

Come on PD I know it's only prologue.But such things as in-game voice chat
are pretty fundamental.
 
Yesterday I was racing on Suzuka and I try to avoid contact of any kind and if I can't make a safe pass I get in line, and look for "real" passing opportunities, similarly if I go off I try not to just rush back on to the track cutting every one off in the process. All this practice has brought me so far is just aggravation and frustration, every time someone refused to acknowledge that there is no way to pass on a particular part of the circuit with out making contact I got slammed from the back and in turn slammed into the guy/gal in front of me.

Slowing down to acknowledge ones mistake is cool and all and I have done it myself but all it does is reward the reckless drivers who just don't give a flying rats a$$ and keep driving to victory. Everyone makes mistake on track and I have caused some bad crashes on more than one occasion, but I will not slow down any more, and I don't expect any one else to do it either. Until there is a way of communicating during a race I will just assume that the bumps and slams are all accidental and try not to dwell on it.

I like craig@jenkins49's idea of adding drivers to your list so by the time privet lobbys come out you will have a nice group of drivers together. As one more note I have to add that I'm pretty disapointed in the quality of online racing in GT5P. The online play is reminiscent of the BURNOUT games.
 
Great suggestions Craig.

Just one note...

When racing online try to remember people's PSN ID who you have had a good race or clean battle with, then send them a message through your PSN message system via the PS3 to add them to your friends list. This will guarantee you good clean racers to race with when the private rooms are available.

Unfortunately, (unlike most games like GTAIV, F1CE, MotorStorm, etc) because for some strange reason GT5P currently doesn't support the XMB's Players Met feature, for this to work you have to right down or remember exactly the PSN ID of the other player(s)... which is an unnecessary pain, considering how the "Players Met" feature is supposed to do that for you... heck it not only lists the players ID's, but also the game you played them online with and the exact time and date!

Hopefully a future update to GT5P and certainly GT5 will support this feature... especially when in-game XMB support is added.
 
But the players names are on mine tiny tv unreabable. Only on the computer can i read it if its an easy name, games nowadays try to force you to buy a new one! :(
 
I get messages after races on my PS3. All are complimentary and cordial. I always mention GTP to clean racers if they have not yet checked out the site.

And because of Ravenmaven's response to my message after one heck of a race, I'm here checking out the forums. Thanks Raven, Drama-kyd, and a few other GTP drivers for making this game an absolute joy to play.
Other than THE_HOOLIGAN complaint forum, this place looks pretty friendly. I like what I'm reading, and I am looking forward to racing with you guys/girls more often.
Quick question. Is there a place for new people to write an introduction. i did a quick look around and did not see anything.
 
I have sent a number of messages to drivers that I thought exhibited good, clean skills and I have received a good number as well. Several of us are now on each others friends lists for the day private servers become available. If I run across someone who is really good, I let them know about gtplanet and the good racers that can be found here.

I also sent a couple of messages to players who constantly disconnect. Although I was really PO'd, I very politely informed them that the practice of "disconnecting" has gotten out of hand and that it affects everyone. I figure many of the people who do this are casual racers and really don't realize how rude/unfair it can be.

I agree that this type of communication is important...at least until we can use our headsets.



Then we will get to hear all the heated arguments and whining about who had the corner rights to turn such and such, or who was to blame for bumping so and so off the track. :dunce:
 
I think communicating works well - I had a couple of races yesterday with a Swiss driver who failed to either pass or be passed without making some sort of contact - either agressive blocking, brake testing, or tapping as he passed. It put me onto the grass and gravel a fair few times,but every time I caught up again. After I won the last race, I sent him a message along the lines of "Any reason for the bumping? I'd like to race you again but only if you calm down a little", and this morning I had an apology in my messages. Hopefully I'll see a difference in his driving if I ever race him again.
 
And because of Ravenmaven's response to my message after one heck of a race, I'm here checking out the forums. Thanks Raven, Drama-kyd, and a few other GTP drivers for making this game an absolute joy to play.
Other than THE_HOOLIGAN complaint forum, this place looks pretty friendly. I like what I'm reading, and I am looking forward to racing with you guys/girls more often.
Quick question. Is there a place for new people to write an introduction. i did a quick look around and did not see anything.

Welcome ShortCut. :) As for your question regarding a welcome/introduction thread, I did a quick search and discovered a previous discussion on that very topic. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98624&highlight=new+members.
 
Back