It's Time To Move On - GT6 Question ?

United States
U.S.A.
So I've been a big GT fan for a very long time and have gone as far as I can go with GT3, GT4, & GT5 with my PS2 and PS3. My recent current fun has mostly been with GT5 "VERSION 2.11" which I do NOT wish patched with any further version. My question is this... If I install GT6 will that force an upgrade of my GT5 current version beyond 2.11 ??? I kind have decided not to skip it by moving on to GTS, but after all I've read about offline being almost completely gone in GTS, I would like to start GT6, but not at the cost of having my GT5 version 2.11 patched any further.

So I've been a big GT fan for a very long time and have gone as far as I can go with GT3, GT4, & GT5 with my PS2 and PS3. My recent current fun has mostly been with GT5 "VERSION 2.11" which I do NOT wish patched with any further version. My question is this... If I install GT6 will that force an upgrade of my GT5 current version beyond 2.11 ??? I kind have decided not to skip it by moving on to GTS, but after all I've read about offline being almost completely gone in GTS, I would like to start GT6, but not at the cost of having my GT5 version 2.11 patched any further.

There's no reason GT5 will update if you decide to get GT6.

GT6 comes with its own update issues, though: if you try to download/install them all in one go, it can cause an error. You have to install a few updates at a time.

Thanks Slip... ! One last quick question... is there any GT6 patch number in particular recommended to stop at or just go the whole way ?

Thanks Slip... ! One last quick question... is there any GT6 patch number in particular recommended to stop at or just go the whole way ?
Just go the whole way, but as @SlipZtrEm said don't download them all in one go. I did about two updates a week and had no issues whatsoever :)

Back