Its Ya Birthday

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jack Do
  • 23 comments
  • 1,633 views
Messages
129
Messages
DozenthBornHERO
Okay guys after reading up on all the threads about birthday cars and how you get them ect... I've now created 4 seperate accounts and every year i'vre used has produced cars that were awful (made me wonder why i'd wasted 10 minutes of my life for a Mitsubishi Galant turbo '89), I used the year 1989 thrice and got nothing i wanted, then i used 1970 and also got nothing is there a certain year that only good cars were made? Please help and note has to be before 1992...
 
You can try using 1992 as a birthday for a Ferrari F40, or setting it to a date that only has one car (like the Schwimmwagen's year).
 
Oh yeah, I'll try 1970 so I can get a Chaparral 2J or a Toyota GT ONE.
 
Oh yeah, I'll try 1970 so I can get a Chaparral 2J or a Toyota GT ONE.

Dude when i tried '70 i got a honda act with 28bhp i was so pleased!!


............................. :( :(
 
Its not my night tonight i've done this 5 times now and still haven't got a car that interests me i've tried '89 3 times, '70 and '67 the best i came out with was one of those old mazda's you win for the 4 hour roadster endurance race!! ARGHHHH
 
Its not my night tonight i've done this 5 times now and still haven't got a car that interests me i've tried '89 3 times, '70 and '67 the best i came out with was one of those old mazda's you win for the 4 hour roadster endurance race!! ARGHHHH

Good, so you learned that its quicker to buy the car instead of making false accounts to randomly try and get one you wanted.
 
Keep trying (in case if you didn't knew, got bad car - delete your save and try again, you don't need to make a new account every time ), sometimes it takes ages. Good years before 92 are:
67 - ferrari, lambo, ford
70 - 2J only, don't waste your time for Toyota 7, i doubt you can even get it that way. At least neither me or my friends got it after hours of trying.
89 - Sauber and nissan, don't try to get a minolta, i think it's the same as with Toyota 7.
92 - nissan
Or just check a car's list and find cars that you want to get. But not every car can be obtained this way, there's some rare exclusions.

Good, so you learned that its quicker to buy the car instead of making false accounts to randomly try and get one you wanted.

I would like to see how you will get 55m for 3 '67 cars faster, than i'll get those using bday exploit.
 
Last edited:
Keep trying (in case if you didn't knew, got bad car - delete your save and try again, you don't need to make a new account every time ), sometimes it takes ages. Good years before 92 are:
67 - ferrari, lambo, ford
70 - 2J only, don't waste your time for Toyota 7, i doubt you can even get it that way. At least neither me or my friends got it after hours of trying.
89 - Sauber and nissan, don't try to get a minolta, i think it's the same as with Toyota 7.
92 - nissan
Or just check a car's list and find cars that you want to get. But not every car can be obtained this way, there's some rare exclusions.



I would like to see how you will get 55m for 3 '67 cars faster, than i'll get those using bday exploit.

Thanks for more advice guys i'll just keep trying these years... :) (Y)
 
Ok, so if you get a car from your year, I will just give up cos im '99.
 
70 - 2J only, don't waste your time for Toyota 7, i doubt you can even get it that way. At least neither me or my friends got it after hours of trying.


I would like to see how you will get 55m for 3 '67 cars faster, than i'll get those using bday exploit.

If you and or your friends were really trying for hours just loading savedate over and over then I just don't get it anymore! Do you really don't have better things to do?

Schmo is maybe not that fast getting 55m for 3 '67 cars but he is playing the game in this time 💡

Sometimes I wonder if birthday exploit users/ dupers already had some time to drive some races?
 
Keep trying (in case if you didn't knew, got bad car - delete your save and try again, you don't need to make a new account every time ), sometimes it takes ages. Good years before 92 are:
67 - ferrari, lambo, ford
70 - 2J only, don't waste your time for Toyota 7, i doubt you can even get it that way. At least neither me or my friends got it after hours of trying.
89 - Sauber and nissan, don't try to get a minolta, i think it's the same as with Toyota 7.
92 - nissan
Or just check a car's list and find cars that you want to get. But not every car can be obtained this way, there's some rare exclusions.



I would like to see how you will get 55m for 3 '67 cars faster, than i'll get those using bday exploit.



Yup, if memory serves, you want to set up the account, friend your *main* account (one sends request, other adds to friend list, so you're both friends when you fire up the game on your birthday account), and then start up GT5. Once you go through all the first-time setup stuff (create your driver, set your desktop appearance, etc.), you get the birthday card ticket. I believe it's at that point that you quit the game and save your data to a flash drive. Go back into the game and open the ticket to see what you got; if it sucks, quit, delete that save file (or just write over it) and copy the one on your USB stick. Open the game again, see what you get, etc.

And when you get something really choice, you send it to your other (main) account. Done.

Or you could delete the save once you've sent it, and reload from the USB, and keep trying 'til you get a SECOND really cool car. You can't send that one, though, so you have to stop there, unless you have more USB drives that you can save onto. ;)

Meanwhile, do a Google search of "GT5 birthday cars" and you should be able to find a list of what cars come your way in what years. Apparently it's random, but from what I hear the really nice ones don't tend to show up very often. But I know one guy who did '92 as his "birth year", and managed to collect the whole list of '92 cars:

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II Touring Car ‘92
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) ‘92
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car ‘92
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) ‘92
Honda CR-X del Sol SiR ‘92
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) ‘92
Nissan R92CP Race Car ‘92
Peugeot 905 Race Car ‘92
Honda BEAT Version F ‘92
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR ‘92
Honda NSX Type R ‘92
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 ‘92
Ferrari F40 ‘92
Jaguar XJ220 ‘92
Toyota SERA ‘92

Said it took him a few hours of doing it and redoing it - this was in the days when you could send cars all day long, so every time he got something he didn't have already, or something even vaguely cool, he just sent it. He said he was after the Peugeot 905, and by the time he got it, he had THREE R92s, FOUR F40s, and had gotten the others numerous times.

I know the Toyota 7 is on the list for 1970, but I don't know anyone who's gotten it via the birthday glitch.

'67, '70, '92, '89 all seem to be pretty good years to try, with maybe more good cars than bad in those years.
 
Ok, so if you get a car from your year, I will just give up cos im '99.

Yes, but you don't have to tell PSN that. You can be whatever year you want!
 
Sometimes I wonder if birthday exploit users/ dupers already had some time to drive some races?


Sometimes I wonder if the same thing about those who seem to spend their every waking hour complaining about "exploiters" and dupers. For all their love of grinding out the events, they don't seem to spend much time actually driving...
 
Sometimes I wonder if birthday exploit users/ dupers already had some time to drive some races?

Yeah, we do. I know I am.
 
Yeah, we do. I know I am.

Heck, I'm doing Tsukuba 9-hour as I type this. Okay, *BOB* is doing the 9-hour. 6.9m XP points along his way to 7.5m to hit L40. Finally.
 
If you and or your friends were really trying for hours just loading savedate over and over then I just don't get it anymore! Do you really don't have better things to do?

Schmo is maybe not that fast getting 55m for 3 '67 cars but he is playing the game in this time 💡

Sometimes I wonder if birthday exploit users/ dupers already had some time to drive some races?
Yep, if you still wonder, i'll quote myself from "So ... has anyone actually stopped playing GT5 completely?" thread:
I've stopped to play completely. Every a-spec event, except long enduros, done on two accounts, golded almost everything on my main account and ~90% on 2nd, got every car i wanted.


2nd: for hours means combined. Me and 3 of my friends tried to get that car for about 1 hour each. That makes it 4 hours. Long enough to be sure it's not there. >_>


Yup, if memory serves, you want to set up the account, friend your *main* account (one sends request, other adds to friend list, so you're both friends when you fire up the game on your birthday account), and then start up GT5. Once you go through all the first-time setup stuff (create your driver, set your desktop appearance, etc.), you get the birthday card ticket. I believe it's at that point that you quit the game and save your data to a flash drive. Go back into the game and open the ticket to see what you got; if it sucks, quit, delete that save file (or just write over it) and copy the one on your USB stick. Open the game again, see what you get, etc.

And when you get something really choice, you send it to your other (main) account. Done.

Or you could delete the save once you've sent it, and reload from the USB, and keep trying 'til you get a SECOND really cool car. You can't send that one, though, so you have to stop there, unless you have more USB drives that you can save onto. ;)

Meanwhile, do a Google search of "GT5 birthday cars" and you should be able to find a list of what cars come your way in what years. Apparently it's random, but from what I hear the really nice ones don't tend to show up very often. But I know one guy who did '92 as his "birth year", and managed to collect the whole list of '92 cars:

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II Touring Car ‘92
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) ‘92
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car ‘92
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) ‘92
Honda CR-X del Sol SiR ‘92
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) ‘92
Nissan R92CP Race Car ‘92
Peugeot 905 Race Car ‘92
Honda BEAT Version F ‘92
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR ‘92
Honda NSX Type R ‘92
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 ‘92
Ferrari F40 ‘92
Jaguar XJ220 ‘92
Toyota SERA ‘92

Said it took him a few hours of doing it and redoing it - this was in the days when you could send cars all day long, so every time he got something he didn't have already, or something even vaguely cool, he just sent it. He said he was after the Peugeot 905, and by the time he got it, he had THREE R92s, FOUR F40s, and had gotten the others numerous times.

I know the Toyota 7 is on the list for 1970, but I don't know anyone who's gotten it via the birthday glitch.

'67, '70, '92, '89 all seem to be pretty good years to try, with maybe more good cars than bad in those years.
Actually, for the most fast "farming" i found that getting 4 - 6 accounts for every year, then sending tickets to your main account is much better.
So let's say you make 6 new accounts. You add your main account as a friend and log to each of those bday accounts.
Then you send yourself a ticked and a paints if you want to. Optional you can delete the save right after you'll send this and start GT5 again and get another ticked, which you will be able to send tomorrow. Then you can delete this account. =)
On the main account, you recieve all those tickets, then quit GT5 and make a backup of your save, then start to open those tickets.
Then there's a 2 ways. You may open every one, get some car and send it to another account, then re-load backup save, so you'll have all your ticket and a car on another account, which you can send to your main anytime.
Or if there's not many cars that you want for that certain year, you may just open all you have and hope that you'll get all those cars.
I did that for year '92 for example. Just opened whole 6 tickets, 3rd was a R92CP and the 5th were a Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 Touring Car, so i just saved after that.
But it's especially good if you'll send a car that you need and then reload your save. Do instead of waithing nearly 3 mins to open 1 ticket, you can open 6 at once.
And yeah, i know Toyota 7 is there on those lists, and Minolta too, but i don't know anyone who got any of those using the bday exploit as well. In fact, i've seen a few times that people've asked if that's even possible to get those 2.
 
Sometimes I wonder if the same thing about those who seem to spend their every waking hour complaining about "exploiters" and dupers. For all their love of grinding out the events, they don't seem to spend much time actually driving...

I don't complain at all! I really don't care what others do... it doesn't affect me, however I just don't see the point in it. What is the reason? Just collecting all cars asap? I don't grind either besides B-spec when I'm sleeping...
 
Just to make this clear, I don't want to offend anyone here! And the question about whether you are driving or not was meant sarcastic...
 
I don't complain at all! I really don't care what others do... it doesn't affect me, however I just don't see the point in it. What is the reason? Just collecting all cars asap? I don't grind either besides B-spec when I'm sleeping...


Reason? I s'pose some folks just can't stand to see a vulnerability go untapped... Or, like you said, they just feel a *NEED* to have all the best cars, right now.

Heck, I grind the hell out of B-spec - when I'm sleeping, when I'm at work, sometimes just because my wife wants to watch something on TV that's NOT me racing!

I could more likely see the point in it when someone is just starting out and doesn't have a great deal of money or choice in cars. Imagine if the FIRST car you got in the game was the R92CP or Minolta 88C; it might have changed the entire nature of the game for you!

So I can understand why people do it, but it's not something I'd put a lot of time or effort into.
 
Just to make this clear, I don't want to offend anyone here! And the question about whether you are driving or not was meant sarcastic...


Nah, I get that. And I was just snarking back. I'm a born smart-a**; can't help it. :)
 
Reason? I s'pose some folks just can't stand to see a vulnerability go untapped... Or, like you said, they just feel a *NEED* to have all the best cars, right now.

Heck, I grind the hell out of B-spec - when I'm sleeping, when I'm at work, sometimes just because my wife wants to watch something on TV that's NOT me racing!

I could more likely see the point in it when someone is just starting out and doesn't have a great deal of money or choice in cars. Imagine if the FIRST car you got in the game was the R92CP or Minolta 88C; it might have changed the entire nature of the game for you!

So I can understand why people do it, but it's not something I'd put a lot of time or effort into.

Someone else watching TV and B-spec sounds familiar to me and commercial breaks is kind of the pitstop ;)

And well, I have got the Signature Edition with all the stealth and chromeline cars... but still started with a Civic for as long as I could and tried to leave my 787B (R10 TDI) stealth in the garage! Well have to drive them all for some races in the next days...


Nah, I get that. And I was just snarking back. I'm a born smart-a**; can't help it. :)

👍
 
Back