ITT we suggest ways to improve GT5's online racing experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ghoa$t
  • 12 comments
  • 2,010 views
Messages
785
Messages
Tha-Ghoast
Messages
huh?
The game has been out for the better part of 2 months now and it has its high/low points which have been argued to hell and back, so let's not turn this into a bash thread. After the everybody gets to 100% and the single player component becomes boring, online will be the main reason people will continue to play this game (1. See GT5P 2. Apart from people like myself who already only play online). So this is just a thread where we suggest ways to make GT5's online experience a bit more interesting/improve it.

A few of mine:

1. In-game car clubs/clans
2. Online Championships (the racing is pretty much barebones atm, 3/5 race points championships would make it a bit more interesting)
3. The ability to set a countdown timer for a pre-race/qualifying session and have that info displayed in the open lobbies.

Feel free to add more.
 
I want my "Garage" to actually be a GARAGE. Think of the menu screen where you can see multiple cars together in that hanger... Now think of your actual garage there. I want to see my Lambo SV parked next to my 458, my McLaren F1 Stealth, my 787, and my Furai :drool:.

Edit: Whoops. Not quite online related, just a general thing that I want.
 
I want ramps, and speed boosters, and power ups, and neon lights. I don't know wut I want really, online is good to me, but I sure there are many way to inprove it. I like your idea, just don't have any of my own
 
1. Pace Car/Penalty Flags
2. Finer limitation controls (types of cars and etc)
3. Tournaments
4. Better rewards.
 
I think it would be cool to do relay races. Like one guy on a team races one or two laps and the next driver on the team takes over at a quick pit stop or similar. Just an idea.
 
option to choose warmed up tyres at the start of the race
 
Black flags. Maybe a 107 rule. Or at least one where the stupidly bad lap times (that will probably end up as ruiners) can't race.
 
1. Increase rewards.
2. More penalties for punting.
3.Have ranked pre-made rooms
4.Add a separate online leveling system, and introduce a ranking points system where you gain points depending on your finishing position in a ranked race.
5. Add match making.
6. Bring better racing classes for more equal races.
7.Force start, where where if 75% of the people in the lobby press ready, the races start counter automatically starts regardless of the host's position.
8. Allow us to create track playlist so we don't have to vote everytime or let the host choose.
9. CONSISTENY, in every thing, from penalties to rewards.
10. Fix the game freezes, long load times.
 
1. "ethics of racing" test (not mandatory, and separate noobs and better drivers
2. multiple vote to kick people out
3. better search system for rooms to join
4. more strict penalties
5. better rewards (color chips would be more rewarding than cash)
6. fix kick issues (i don't know about you guys but I'm getting kicks usually 2 min into the room
 
Ability to search for room by name.
More variety in shuffle races. Maybe 3 differrent categories based on HP.
 
Power-to-weight ratio. POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.
 
1. Cars limited by category classification e.g JGTC, Touring Cars (I'd like to see some British Touring Car Championship Cars).
2. Pre Race Qualifying Option.....so every driver must be within a certain time of the fastest lap to progress to the race.
3. I think team racing would be a good idea, 16 cars would have 8 teams of 2.
4. The ability to create Championship series, so define number of races, which tracks, car classification, entrants, maybe in personal lounges so you can carry over a "save" until everyone is available at the same time.
 
I kind of like the open-ended nature of the online component.

Anyone who is organizing a league or championship seriously will be taking care of it outside of GT5 anyway.

I definitely want to see more race setup options, limiting options by specific race series class, 107%, option to have an organized, timed qualy session in a room that automatically progresses to the race like F1, etc.
 
Back