I've discovered something

hennessey_86 and GTP_evox
hennessey861
I think I have anyway, so I decided to update the firmware on my GT2 to 756 and well what a disaster. It is rubbish apart from the auto clutch feature, the FFB was improved during turn in but when the rear end gets loose the wheel becomes very heavy which isn't very realistic. What I am thinking is if this is the kind of FFB CSR users and Elite users are getting then maybe that's why people are complaining that forza feels weird. When I went back to the standard GT2 firmware everything was great again (I will miss auto clutch though). I am just guessing though so can anyone using a CSR or an elite tell me if I'm correct.

My CSR definitely doesn't get heavy when the rear is loose, and I'm running firmware 756. I even have some settings on the wheel tweaked to make the wheel heavier overall (especially around center). But I actually feel like the wheel becomes too light when the front or rear lose traction - I have to concentrate to determine how much countersteer to put in since it's hard to get it right by feel alone. Maybe the problem isn't how light it gets but just there isn't enough force letting you know where the neutral point is... you countersteer and the resistence doesn't change a lot as you feel for it.

Maybe this one reason why I tend to shy away from anything other than the standard controller. Works great, once you learn how to use the analog stick like a steering wheel.

I think I see what you mean now hennessey86 - I've been trying a few more different settings on my CSR and now there is definitely a really heavy feeling in the wheel when I approach the edge of traction (it's weird - it tends to make me steer less than needed to get the right arc) ... so heavy that it makes the plastic and aluminum creak with the strain. It's really odd that the wheel is capable of feedback detail but you either get nearly nothing (like around center) or you get way too much. The stark ff progression takes some getting used to, and I often wish that could be improved ... but I still have a lot of fun with the game and overall I still feel the experience is more realistic than what I was getting in GT5. It just takes a lot of patience especially when driving something really powerful (say the Corvette C5.R tuned to R2/875). Very, VERY subtle throttle response especially near full liftoff, which affects when to start releasing the wheel and the sense of grip coming and going.

Back