Jaguar Reveals Vision Gran Turismo SV, Coming to Gran Turismo in 2021

snc
yeah what a bizzare marketing polyphony has, Jaguar releasing new concept car designed for/in gran turismo and not even one tweet on gran turismo twitter and facebook

Because at this late stage they dont care.

Its a legacy game on a legacy platform.

They only need to keep the servers running until Gt7 comes online.

snc
isn't this car comming to gt7 ?

Yes it is but he's talking about disconnecting GT Sport servers though there is no official word about that yet and not5 100% sure they will shut immediately, I will still be sore if we can't transfer livery designs across but that's for other topics!

As for the Jag it looks nice but I wasn't expecting it to just be a variation on the original, was hoping it'd be another different car.

I sincerely hope it’ll be a Gr.1 car, so that Jaguar can have another option besides the XJR-9. Just the look of it alone makes it seem like a good fit. But then again, it’s all-electric, so unless there are plans to allow all-electric cars to come out of Gr.X in GT7, I’d imagine there’d have to be at least two variants of the VGTSV - the original, all-electric version, and a hybrid version for Gr.1, much like we see with the Hyundai N2025 VGT.

Last edited:
snc
yeah what a bizzare marketing polyphony has, Jaguar releasing new concept car designed for/in gran turismo and not even one tweet on gran turismo twitter and facebook
But you can find the information on the Gran Turismo official website.

I seriously do hope in GT7 that we get a hybrid version with the V8 from the F-Type as a Gr.1 car. Would be much better than having an uncompetitive Group C car as your only Jaguar Prototype option,

VGT program is over 7 years old and still living in peoples heads rent free it’s crazy
Besides, I thought concept cars were always a part of GT. What is it about the VGT program that makes some people just seethe? I personally love it. At the very least, it offers GT a more unique car list and allows it to stand out from similar racing games, like Forza Motorsport.

Last edited:
This is just going to be a fast missile in a straight line, and a supertanker in the corners like the Audi VGT. Power wise it's not that unrealistic (the Rimac C2, Pinninfarina Battista and Lotus Evija all have around the same), but the weight will be if it's anything less than 2 tonnes. The added downforce doesn't seem a lot either so it probably still handles and brakes really badly.

Just drive it once, and use it for livery/photomode, but otherwise consigned to the dusty corner of my garage like all other VGTs :lol:

"Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV"

EpgmBMTUcAAfTO2

EpgmBMhVQAIWvd6

EpgmBM7UwAAO5fY

EpgmBNOVgAAptqo

REAL ? GT7 or GT sport ?

The Jaguar Vision GT SV has been fully engineered for Gran Turismo in the virtual world, with aerodynamics optimised, tested and proven using state-of-the-art simulation tools. Four electric motors developed by Jaguar Racing deliver 1,903PS (1,400kW) for 0-60mph in just 1.65 seconds, and a 255mph top speed.

410 km/h :eek:

Welcome to the very latest in a long, long line of spectacular hypercars designed exclusively for Gran Turismo. Jaguar’s Vision Gran Turismo SV, a development of last year’s Vision Gran Turismo Coupe, is coming to the series next year (remains to be seen whether it’ll come to GT Sport or the as-yet unreleased GT7). But not, sadly, any real racetracks. Boo and indeed hiss.

OMG !

https://www.ferrarilamborghininews.com/blog-entry-18304.html

Last edited:
Besides, I thought concept cars were always a part of GT. What is it about the VGT program that makes some people just seethe? I personally love it. At the very least, it offers GT a more unique car list and allows it to stand out from similar racing games, like Forza Motorsport.

I think the biggest bugbears are,

Knowing that these cars took months to model when something else could have been modelled instead and the fact they are pure fantasy rather than starting as 'real' concept cars which were often more closely linked to future production vehicles such as those seen in GTC.

It's a shift away from realism which may or may not appeal, pretty such seems to be the norm now with Forza also having quite a few fantasy vehicles.

I think the biggest bugbears are,

Knowing that these cars took months to model when something else could have been modelled instead and the fact they are pure fantasy rather than starting as 'real' concept cars which were often more closely linked to future production vehicles such as those seen in GTC.

It's a shift away from realism which may or may not appeal, pretty such seems to be the norm now with Forza also having quite a few fantasy vehicles.

I remain adamant that it’s a double-standard to turn a blind eye towards concept cars that never made production, but get all up in arms over the VGT program. Some of them are even driveable in real life, like one of the Audi VGTs. And some non-VGT concept cars that’ve appeared in GT were just models that were shown without an engine, or even an interior, like the FT-86 II.

I enjoy both, personally - though I’d hope every car in GT7 has a cockpit, whether it’s the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept, or the Mercedes-Benz Vision Gran Turismo.

People get mad they’re not adding the cars they want and immediately assume they take away from the development time needed to scan other cars
So it sounds like it's yet another case of people knowing nothing about game development. And I admit that I'm hardly one to talk, myself!

It reminds me of how, whenever there's a mention in the news of some multi-million dollar project, there's sometimes somebody in the comments that claims "They could've used that money to cure cancer," or something similarly as asinine.

Last edited:
Im asking me, if the Jag will now get delayed, too, if it was determined for GT7.. Hope it will come early, for GT Sport.

Last edited:
Knowing what we know now what with GT7 coming 2022 (maybe) then it makes sense for them to stay silent while jaguar tweets.

If Jaguar says "coming 2021" then we would assume GT7 prior to the delayed announce.

But if its not GT7 then its GT Sport in 2021?

PD says "nah".

Well, is it coming or not? Hashtag is GTSport.

Maybe, we get to next content update on 8th of July two silhouettes from Kaz, who knows.. last year, there was a hashtag, too, named GT Sport. So not yet at First. Look at post #50 and #51

Last edited:
Back