Jaguar XJ13, Ferrari 330 & Ford Mark IV at Nurburgring

• Thread starter Ezza75
  • 11 comments
GTP_Ezza75
Hi there,

Onboard videos of Arcade mode 1 lap Professional level race at Nurburgring, using G25 H-Pat manual shifting with clutch:

Jaguar XJ13 at Nurburgring 24hr with changing weather

Ferrari 330 P4 at Nurburgring Type V

Ford Mark IV at Nurburgring Nordschleife with changing time & weather

Enjoy the ride. Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
Excellent! What tires did you use in the rain, becuase the AI looked like they were either lacking pace or testicular fortitude...

Excellent! What tires did you use in the rain, becuase the AI looked like they were either lacking pace or testicular fortitude...

Hi Carlos, thanks mate. In the rain the AI cars were very lacking in pace AND testicular fortitude...they don't seem to be fighting too much. I just avoided hitting them, and was passing the AI cars rather easily...passed 15 cars within half the lap in the rain, with racing soft tyres, ABS=1, all other assists off, Grip Reduction Level=Low. Will try again with racing hard tyres & Grip Reduction Level=Real next week to see how much harder it gets in the rain.

In the dry with the Ferrari 330, AI much faster, but that was the R10 that was racing, which was not there for the other 2 wet races.

Cheers

Last edited:
I've got the MarkIV and am getting the Jag today via trade - just the 330P4 to go, so looking forward to recreating your races (can't do any captures though - no technology and even less time).

Be interested to see grip = low vs. real with the same tire set and whether 'real' will force you onto rain tyres.

Cheers mate

I enjoyed watching your video's.

This is how video's should be done. In car view or bumber, and no stupid music, just the sound off the car :-)

Hoping to see more of your video's in the future.

I enjoyed watching your video's.

This is how video's should be done. In car view or bumber, and no stupid music, just the sound off the car :-)

Hoping to see more of your video's in the future.

Hi mate, glad you enjoyed the videos.

The cars, the racing, the driving and the engine/gear shift sounds are the Stars...best to let the engines sing & gameplay proceed un-interupted by "stupid music":sly:

Al my other videos are here, check it out, hope they are to your liking => http://www.youtube.com/user/SubBlackStudio

Cheers
Ezza75

What is that? How do you do it? It doesnt make those noises on my G27?

I don't quite get your questions :dunce:

What is what what?

How do I do it? Well, I shift, heel toe, and don't "throw" the stick to the gear needed (5th straight to 3rd, 4th to 2nd, etc), I shift in order. And above all, I lift my foot off of the gas when shifting. The sounds the engine makes is pleasant to hear when H gated shifted is used properly.

G27? I am talking about the engine and revving noises when shifting that way, it doesn't sound like a car but a convulsing lawnmower, specially in the Ferrari video.

Last edited:
Fantastic videos! I love these old classics!

Thanks, yeah, those are wonderful cars.

What tuning did you use for the P4 I can't for the life of me get my P4 to go around the ring without at least one spin.

The P4 settings for this lap were:

Aero F/R => 28/53
Transmission => 330
Ride Height F/R => -25/-25
Spring Rate F/R => 15.8/13.5
Dampers(Ext) F/R => 8/8
Dampers(Comp) F/R => 8/8
Anti-Roll Bars F/R => 6/6
Camber F/R => 2.5/1.5
Toe F/R => 0/0.2
Brakes F/R => 4/6

Racing soft tyres, ABS=1, all other assists off, Grip Reduction Level=Low

Hope this helps, good luck.

The way you change gears is very weird. Rather annoying. It sounds awful.

Hi there,

Clutch in & lift foot off gas => shift gear up
Clutch in & lift foot off gas & brake => shift gear down (I shift to the gear I want right away, rather than shift down in order).

....and my G25 is getting old & dusty, so right after lifting foot off gas, there's still some signal going to accelerator.

Back