Jaguar XJR-15 LM 1994

• Thread starter matherto
  • 8 comments
matherto
A lot of people (well, relatively, it's still unknown to most) know the XJR-15 from GT2 but hardly anyone at all knows about the special LM version they did towards the end of the production run. I chose 1994 as that seems to be the year that comes up most frequently in the little data there is on the internet.

It seems they made five of them (one white, one blue and three green) and they all went to Japan originally. Using google translate it seems they featured the 7.4 V12 based on the 7.0 engine from the XJR-9 Group C car.

Obviously with so few made and so little known about them they've never been performance tested to my knowledge but everything I've read suggests they have a power output of between 730-760bhp which is a vast increase on the standard car and a ridiculous amount of power.

The blue car has since been bought by someone in the UK and is currently for sale minus the scoop on the roof and the LM decals. With the other four still in Japan surely PD could get hold of the owner and get the car modeled and tested. Don't know if Jaguar aknowledge the existence of them though as they barely do with the standard XJR-15.

i320

img76ae4129zik0zj.jpeg

m1oyd1mbfdlw.jpg

The XJR-15 is already my favourite car but I have never heard of this special version. :eek:

Too bad I prefer it without the roof scoop, it's still an awesome car nonetheless. 👍

Sadly, in GT2 there is no info for this car available.

Specs: (GT2)
6 000 ccm V12 SOHC
1050 Kg
470 Hp

It has really strange sound.
It does not have roof scoop.

Last edited:
Back