Jaguar XJR9

FerrariFXX 07

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Bartman399
hi guys
I like this car a lot and it is one of my favorite cars to drive in the game.
One question: why is it slower compared to other LMP cars in the game? Considering that it has a higher PP than most of the other LMP cars. Seems that the AI drives it really slow and when i drive it it's slower than my other LMPs I own.

I haven't played for a while but I've found soft springs/damper settings coupled with high down force and obviously short gear ratios will really destroy these vehicles top speed.
Don't adjust the springs by numbers use the slider as a guide make sure they are at least 80% of the way up.
Don't have the ride height to low and D/F at about 60%.
Remember back in the day these monsters used to have a top whack of about 390-400kph!
Let me know how you get on. Ill give my one a run later on.

1. It may be it just is.
2. It might be heavier, remember GT6's PP system overvalues power.
3. It might be a thing that effects the car but GT's system can't account for.
4. It might just be harder to drive fast, or fast in theory but not in reality.

I find that some cars just feel better to me than others. It may have nothing to do with what the car can do, it's just a driving style or "feeling" you get driving different cars.

For it's PP I have better luck with the Toyota 88 or the Peugeot 905B or the Audi S1 in the mid PP range. I just feel like I can give them all they have. Some cars, no matter how good they may be, or may be for others, I just can't bring my lap times down in them.

The Jaguar may be one of the cars that just doesn't suit your virtual driving style.

Actually took the Jag in the Tokyo seasonal, you're right its really off the pace ran 11th out of 12th average lap time of 1:32 sec, Same event with the Sauber 1st Average Lap 1:26 sec Quickest lap 1:25!
The Jag has won Le-mans its gotta be quick , why would Pd hobble this car for?

hi guys
I like this car a lot and it is one of my favorite cars to drive in the game.
One question: why is it slower compared to other LMP cars in the game? Considering that it has a higher PP than most of the other LMP cars. Seems that the AI drives it really slow and when i drive it it's slower than my other LMPs I own.

I always thought of the Jaguar as a pretty fast car but I never though of it being a lot slower than other LMP's.

I'll be sure to do some hot laps at Le mans? unless theres a different track you would like me to do. check sometime tomorrow or around 20 ish hours from now! 👍

It's blisteringly fast in the straights, not unlike the Sauber, but I do agree with the OP. It is slower. Try driving an XJR-9 and a 787B/Sauber back to back - the XJR-9 has a lot of understeer. Last time I drove them was on controller. Perhaps with my new(ish) wheel I can get more steering angle to compensate, but the Jag does not turn as well on any set-ups I've experimented with, stock settings or not.

Here are my lap times at Le Mans 2009 with Chicanes,
All were done on RH with no aids and stock set ups. Although these laps can definetly be improved I can tell you that!

3:26.355 Sauber C9 - Felt very fast but very unstable.
3:26.781 Audi R8 2000 - Felt sublime!
3:31.341 Jaguar XJR-9 - Felt very nice in my opinion.

If there are any cars you would like me to try just ask. 👍

Edit: I sort of reckon I could improve the Jaguar's time so if you would like me to please ask :)

Here are my lap times at Le Mans 2009 with Chicanes,
All were done on RH with no aids and stock set ups. Although these laps can definetly be improved I can tell you that!

3:26.355 Sauber C9 - Felt very fast but very unstable.
3:26.781 Audi R8 2000 - Felt sublime!
3:31.341 Jaguar XJR-9 - Felt very nice in my opinion.

If there are any cars you would like me to try just ask. 👍

Edit: I sort of reckon I could improve the Jaguar's time so if you would like me to please ask :)
The Jag"feels nice cos its 5sec slower than everything else haha". Sorry mate I had to say it.

The Jag"feels nice cos its 5sec slower than everything else haha". Sorry mate I had to say it.

All good, what I ment by that is handling wise I was expecting a lot of understeer with a whole load of wheelspin in the lower gears but the Jaguar felt stable and under control which is a lot better to drive than unlike the Sauber.

Take it for a spin then compare it to the other Group C cars, you'll soon find out what we're talking about.
Are they being compared like for like? The 88C-V doesn't factor into anything directly, because it isn't an LM car. The Sauber C9 talked about above was, but when they competed with each other in real life in 1989 the Jag was generally significantly slower across the board, Le Mans included. Has anyone compared it to the Nissan R89C? Because those three are the only ones that can be reasonably compared to the Jag (and, again, the Toyota is iffy).

Last edited:
In GT4 the jag was a monster, since GT5 its copped a big performance hit, players should be aware before the sink nearly 2mil into a lemon.
When I used to test cars I generally kept them in their same class and PP limit.
BTW has anyone won the toyko seasonal with the Jag best I did was 11th, won with the sauber 1st attempt.
Ill drag out the '89 nissan and see how it compares but ill bet right now its at least 3-4secs in front of the old silkcut.

In GT4 the jag was a monster, since GT5 its copped a big performance hit, players should be aware before the sink nearly 2mil into a lemon.
When I used to test cars I generally kept them in their same class and PP limit.
BTW has anyone won the toyko seasonal with the Jag best I did was 11th, won with the sauber 1st attempt.
Ill drag out the '89 nissan and see how it compares but ill bet right now its at least 3-4secs in front of the old silkcut.
Yea I also tried the Jaguar in the seasonal and the best I could do was 4th. Fast on the straights but the cornering was very tricky

I was at Le-Mans in 1987 and 1988, on both occasions the Jaguars used one car as a rabbit to break the Rothmans Porsches while the others pounded round. They were not necessarily the fastest, the Porsches, Mercedes and then the Nissans were generally faster over the following years, the Jags went for reliability.

We are currently practicing for a Group C special event (Le Mans 2013) in a couple of weeks. The Jaguar seems to be the fastest car on the straights with the balancing that is in place. It looks weak through the fast corners compared to the Mazda, which is what I am driving.

We are currently practicing for a Group C special event (Le Mans 2013) in a couple of weeks. The Jaguar seems to be the fastest car on the straights with the balancing that is in place. It looks weak through the fast corners compared to the Mazda, which is what I am driving.

To add to this, the specs we used are here: http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk/index.php?title=Bon_Anniversaire!_Classique#Car_Specifications

upload_2015-6-5_10-59-4.png

Wow! I've been looking through your Really Rubbish Racing website. VERY impressive!! You guys have a fabulous website with such detailed information. That must be a very fun racing league...You don't invest that kind of time into something unless you're serious about what you're doing. Bravo, sir...Bravo. 👍

The car was designed for over 240mph on Mulsanne . So I think GT6 got it spot on in regards to tuning . Me personally I think in real life the Jaguar Is the second fastest C after the Porsche 956B and then the C9 .

Last edited:
The top class at Le Mans, pre chicane days, were doing 240mph, so yes the Jag was designed to do that.
The Jag was normally aspirated and had good low down grunt, but also thirsty. The 956, then 962 were turbo and less thirsty, Le Mans suited Porsche more. When the C9 came it was even faster.
Also, Porsche were experimenting with semi auto gearbox, I think it was called PPk, it was similar to a motor bike. It wasn't in every car and was heavy.
TWR used one car as a rabbit to break the Porsches.
I have to admit it was something to see a Jag take on the Porsches flat out, overtaking each other numerous times per lap for the first few hours, I'll never forget it.

Dident that drain its fuel ?

What I was getting at was that the Porsches were less thirsty than the Jaguars, except the semi auto car due to the weight, it was still new technology then.
Porsche turbo engine technology was arguably the best around, but I cannot comment how they compared to the Toyota's, which were also turbo, but I suspect they were more efficient fuel wise.
Also remember Le Mans wasn't as much a sprint race as today because of reliability so fuel use like today was important, probably more so. There was a maximum fuel allowance for the race to consider.
Hope this helps, I'm not an expert, I was at Le Mans with people who loved Jags.

It was , though.
Then surely you can explain why it was so comprehensively outclassed in 1989. Why even at Le Mans in 1988 it wasn't the fastest, outside of the one car talked about above. How it could hope to compete directly on a non-Le Mans WSC circuit with the incredibly advanced and expensive 3.5l Group C cars.

Certainly:
I know what I'm talking about . You don't
This may very well be true. Unfortunately, if you're going to act like an 11 year old on the playground:
Back down .
You'll have to bring a bit more to the table than "because you're wrong".

It wasent comprehensively outclassed in 1989 . It lead until 11:00 in the morning until the #2 car retired and #1 had overworked and dropped to 4th . It was a sweltering day and this caused problems on the NA engine . It shot off in the lead at the start and the clearly caused problems for the Saubers ( whos car was a tiny bit more reliable ) and the Porsches ( who's shining time was over ) and the Nissan ( who were quite unlucky ) . So you cannot say that because one of the same design principal it then went to win in 1990 and close in 1991 . I think it was one of the most successful projects in group C history .

Also it won the WSC in 1988 and it was the fastest in 88 just not in Practice and it dident have turbo so yes , ok it was a close 1988 race but it was more Reliability then . It wasent really a Sprint race , more of a stay on the track for 24 hours and do as many laps than do lots of laps and also do it for 24 hours if you know what I mean .

Last edited:
Back