Jaguar XK

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
Manchester
Ardius_
I've been racing the XK a while now and I'd like some help with tuning it (specifically for PP650 races). All the adjustments I make to it seem to make little difference, although I have just cracked a great set for High Speed Ring, quite by accident. Anyway, my current setups:

Set A (for Daytona PP650):
Power: +45
Weight: 85%
Tyres: r3, r3

Height: -10,-10
Spring rate: 2, 2
Damper: 1, 1
Toe: 0, 0
Camber angle: 0, 0
Brake balance: 5, 5
Turning angle: 40
TCS: Off
ABS: 1
Transmission: default (final gear: 3.307)

Set B (High Speed Ring/Suzuka PP650, can be used for the other tracks pretty well):
Power: +45
Weight: 85%
Tyres: r3, r3

Height : -5, -10
Spring rate: 3, 4
Damper: 1, 3
Toe: 0, 0
Camber angle: 1.0, 1.0
Brake balance: 5, 5
Turning angle: 40
TCS: Off
ABS: 1
Transmission: default (final gear: 3.307)

Any input would be appreciated, on either set. Further more, I'm trying to make a good set for Suzuka but I'm having trouble finding the best combination. I'm specifically trying to get rid of most of the Jaguar's tendencey to wheel spin at low speed, and I got it working for the HSR because it has faster turns that are a bit more forgiving. I seem to be balancing it between understeer and oversteer at the moment for Suzuka and I'm wondering which is best, I'd rather have neither, but maybe the Jag's oversteer is due to my poor throttle control, I don't know. I suppose I just want to know what other people have used or suggest.

I would have thought some camber changes would help with the twisty stuff, I was trying to get the tuscan to play with 650pp the other day but like the XK it stayed pretty terrible at slow speeds!

I would have thought some camber changes would help with the twisty stuff, I was trying to get the tuscan to play with 650pp the other day but like the XK it stayed pretty terrible at slow speeds!

Oh cool, I've also been messing with the Tuscan so if you come across any good setups, do share!
Not tried the camber much yet, will see if anything improves.

I see the Transmission is standard. Can you play around with gears? A lot of difference it makes ;)

Yeah I did mess around with the gears a bit, I still am, but at the moment the default gears seem to work to the cars strengths, everytime I change them, I either lose too much top speed or too much acceleration. I suppose I just need to fine tune it a bit more.
Will look into perhaps lowering 1st and 2nd gear a bit and see if it makes a difference on Suzuka.

Had a play with the camber, and I've updated my original post. Setup B now works great.
I still can't get a good setup with my gears though, I still find the stock gears the best. Anyone who's worked out better ones, do tell.

Back