Jaguar XKR (X100) Victory Edition 2005

UnitedKingdomGreatBritain_zps6d008ea3.png
Jaguar XKR (X100) Victory Edition 2005

jaguar-xkr-coupe-victory-edition-2006-car-hd-wallpaper_zpscef4a3ea.jpg

Explanation
There are plenty of “standard” quality cars in GT at the moment and, of course, we want them to shine in “premium” quality in the future. The thing is, not all of them are the best candidates to become “premium”. Let me explain: I’ve done my own little research to find out, whether the “standard” car presented in the game is the latest/most powerful/historically important/rarest/best overall car of the whole model lineup (according exclusively to my opinion). In some instances it is, in some – not.
Probably it’s not the best idea for PD to spend their precious time simply converting all the “standards” “as is”. So I suggest taking some other modifications of the cars in some cases instead. I am definitely NOT a person who wants PD to “get rid of all standards and duplicates”. I just wish they spend their resources on modeling a little bit more wisely. I also do NOT insist that all “red” cars should vanish from GT. They could be easily converted to "premium" alongside similar car models.
You can view and download the Excel table with all those “conversion suggestions” HERE (UPDATE 07.04.2015) or from my signature.

I suggest to model this car as "premium" instead of XKR Coupe '99 and XKR R Performance '02.

2005_Jaguar_XKRVictoryEdition5_zps7330cff1.jpg

Victory Edition was the final modification of Jaguar XK X100 generation.

Overview
The Jaguar XK8 is a grand tourer car that was launched by Jaguar in 1996, and was the first generation of a new XK series. In 1998 the XKR was introduced with a supercharged version of the engine. In 2003 the engines were replaced by the 4.2-litre AJ34 engines in both the normally aspirated and supercharged versions. XK shares its platform with the Aston Martin DB7. Both cars are derived from the Jaguar XJS, though the platform has been extensively changed.

Victory Edition
Victory Edition was offered in 2005 to "celebrate Jaguar's four championship wins in the North American Trans-Am road racing series and add to a successful lineage of special and limited edition XKs introduced since its launch."
The new exterior styling changes introduced in 2004 continue to give the car a bolder, more aggressive and more muscular look. The Victory Edition was offered in all standard XK colors, plus four unique Victory Edition colors: Black Copper Metallic, Frost Blue Metallic, Bay Blue Metallic and Satin Silver Metallic. Victory Editions offered carbon fiber interior trim on XKR models, and also received special badging and accents. Production of Victory Edition models was 1,050 cars.

2005_jaguar_xk_victory_edition_100008422_l_zps1e8d0de7.jpg

Differences from “standard” models (XKR Coupe '99 and XKR R Performance '02) presented in the game:
-XKR Victory Edition is based on a refreshed 2004 model, with a new grille design and new ZF 6HP26 6 speed automatic transmission;
-4.2-litre AJ34 engine;
-Unique Victory Edition colours: Black Copper Metallic, Frost Blue Metallic, Bay Blue Metallic and Satin Silver Metallic;
-Carbon fibre interior trim;
-20-inch BBS wheels.

2005_Jaguar_XKRVictoryEdition2_zps6cbc1fb6.jpg

Specifications:
Layout - FR; Cylinders - V8; Aspiration - Supercharged; Displacement - 4196 cc; Max. power - 400 hp; Max. torque - 553.17 nm; Transmission - 6-Speed Automatic; Weight - 1735 kg.
0-100km/h - 5.4 s; Max. speed - 250 km/h (155 mph).

Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_XK_(X100)
http://www.supercars.net/cars/3086.html
http://www.car.com/content/shared/a...m/article_page_order_int/5/article_id_int/212

Related suggestions:
XJR-S V12 6.0 1992, the predecessor of XKR, fine-tuned by TWR.

Last edited:
Back