January Patch Notes

• Thread starter symo63
  • 10 comments
Australia
VIC
theroy1963
symo63
CARS

· Addressed an issue related to angular velocity under specific conditions. This subtle change will be most noticeable for drifters and tuners who prefer to use a wheel.

MULTIPLAYER

· Private matches will no longer be subject to AFK restrictions that cause players to be booted due to inactivity, as in public multiplayer matches.

· Fixed an issue in multiplayer where engaging UI (such as holding the right trigger in Leagues to bring up the leaderboard screen) during the final countdown of a hopper would cause all users to be disconnected from the session.

REPLAYS

· Fixed an issue where saving long replays (>26 minutes) would result in a saved replay with cars appearing to sit idly on the grid.

MISCELLANEOUS

· Fixed an issue where pressing the right paddle on certain wheels to shift up would cause the camera to look back.

Today we also released the Ralph Lauren Polo Red Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6. If you’d like to read more about the pack, check out the full story.

EDIT: After the release of today’s CU, we discovered an issue where a screen of Chinese text appears when booting up Forza Motorsport 6. This text appears for players across a variety of language settings. We are investigating the issue and are working to address it in an upcoming content update.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_january_content_update

I'm a little disappointed that there are no various car fixes in this update. Anyway, decent update considering the possible impact of December holidays at Turn 10.

They had to fix the multiplayer first and foremost, I haven't tried it yet I will in a bit, but from what I'm reading it's supposed to be a lot better. Hopefully this patch helped out some of the problems wheel users were having too.

CARS

· Addressed an issue related to angular velocity under specific conditions. This subtle change will be most noticeable for drifters and tuners who prefer to use a wheel.

As soon as I read this I immediately fired up Forza 6. Did some quick lapping in a few cars round lime rock. Unless I am mistaken this seems to have drastically improved countersteer / drift physics for me. I can now chuck (scandinavian flick) with ease and my csw counter rotates instead of just going dead. I able to successfully drift consective corners with relative ease now. I also had a bad issue with any and all awd vehicle having horrible lift off oversteer so much so I would avoid awd altogether, I am happy to report after repeatably trying to replicate this behaviour I could not get my Nissan R34 GTR to misbehave. I still need to try out more cars to verify, but so far so good for me. This is one of the first times forza 6 has left me happy after my gaming session, rather than frustrated.:cheers: Curious if any other wheel users notice a change?

One thing that might be undocumented, when I was creating the Advan Audi, I cheated and used the pre-made Yokohama; whilst I was looking in there, there were two Hot Wheels decals, with the logo set-up for right and left hand sides respectively. Gone to use the Shell logo now and the HW logos have disappeared.

Nissan Silvia '66 is no longer obtainable by purchasing one in the recommended cars section for Classic Compacts, but you guys knew that already.

Also, multiplayer is still crap. Got disconnected 4 times from Virus Tag last night, and I know it's not my internet.

The update appears to have had some significant effects on car handling. Here's a few things I've noticed using simulation steering on the controller:
  • Lift-off oversteer is no longer an issue for many cars. Throttle can be disengaged mid-corner without the rear kicking out. However, MR cars such as the Honda NSX are prone to lift-off oversteer, as you'd expect from a car of this layout.
  • Oversteer has become easier to correct / control using simulation steering. Snap-oversteer still occurs but it's now easier to avoid.
  • Power-induced oversteer now requires more effort to initiate. Many rear-wheel drive cars will not kick out the rear unless launched from a standstill or cornered at relatively slow speeds in the lower gears.
  • Handing is more direct. For example, the carousel at the Nordschleife can now be tackled with a fair amount of throttle. Before the update, cars had a tendency to early exit the banked inside of the carousel unless great care was taken on the throttle.
  • Simulation steering now feels a lot lighter and more abrupt than it did before (isolated to Test Drive mode).
My comparisons are based on driving 100% stock cars. I suspect all of this is related to the adjustment of angular velocity, as described in the patch notes. Turn 10 claims it's a subtle change, but I somehow feel less involved in the driving after the update. The sense of danger when pushing cars to their limit now seems less prevalent to me.

Last edited:
Addressed an issue related to angular velocity under specific conditions. This subtle change will be most noticeable for drifters and tuners who prefer to use a wheel.

And vintage car racers. Trailbraking in the Beta Turbo is my new favorite thing to do in the game.

I've updated my previous post with some car handling / physics impressions after spending some time with the new update.

And vintage car racers. Trailbraking in the Beta Turbo is my new favorite thing to do in the game.

Can you please elaborate what you're noticing and which steering mode you use?

Can you please elaborate what you're noticing and which steering mode you use?

Standard steering mode, it's a lot easier to control the Beta Montecarlo when using the brakes beyond the entrance to a turn, and to accurately adjust the final corner entry speed using this technique. The car used to be a lot prone to lose grip in such situations before; and I believe this may be related to the changes in the countersteering physics.

But it may just be good ol' placebo effect, or me having become a faster driver since I last drove the car (just after last month's content upgrade).

I'll let you know if I'll notice this effect with other cars.

Back