Japan Demo Videos!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT-One Lover
  • 22 comments
  • 2,067 views
Messages
656
thanks to jordan and some others all GTPlanet members can download now the latest GT4 Videos at their best!!! 👍
i just wanted to ask if somebody has seen it and how he thinks about these videos.
What are your opinions about this "Best Ultimate Driving Simulator"???
And what do you guyz think of Sony´s Pre-Versions of GT4(GT4 Prologue, GT4 First Preview)???
...well i didn´t see a video but i hope the graphic is better than BMW-Demo and that the physics are improved...
So let´s discuss!....
 
Ive just seen the snow track vid, the trail mountain vid and the hong kong vid and all I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Firstly the graphics on all are breathtaking........the motorsport cars liveryies are amazingly detailed, shadows and reflections are top notch.

I also seem to think that the audio has been upgraded, u really hear the roar of the skylines engine......and its exsaust! The snow track particularly had good sounds......there was a deep thump as the evo hit the side of the ice bank! :drool: very nice!

There are also better spectators...INCLUDING ONES THAT WALK AROUND! I could not believe my eyes!!! :D there are random spectators and marsals walking around it the snow...and even there legs are in the snow....so they are realistically knee deep! :eek:

Hong Kong had great visuals aswell! the sence of speed is amazing as the cars shoot down kowloon side past buses near to the domed (science thingy!) were the cars drop in elevation!

Amazing vids! A must see.......whether anything has actaully been upgraded is hard to tell......it may just be my enthusiasm for the game that it making beleive that things are better! But whatever it is.......the graphics PD are getting out of the ps2 is amazing! :p

Come on GT4!!!!! :drool: :drool:

Robin :D p.s. sorry for the bad spelling...wrote it quite fast! :eek: :scared:
 
Where do these videos come from? I just had a look and they do look very good. But what demo are these from?

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
^ I think that they are from the reciently released Japaniese GT4 demo, essentially a "Prologue 2"......It was on the cover of a gaming magazine in Japan and I think was at some GT4 promotion events......
 
Glad you guys are enjoying the new vids! :) And yes, robin is correct on the video source. Our member, naruto, created them for us. 👍
 
But it is different from the japanese demo that came with the booklet and has been discussed for several days here now, right? Do you have any info on that magazine or the demo itself, I never heard that there was a new one to be released.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
I just watched the 350z Roadster at Costa Di Amalfi and all I can say is.....:drool::drool:
The physics of his head turning in the direction he turns is excellent. His head also moves and bobs around when he hits bumps. The most important part are the graphics of the entire level. Very impressive and beautiful. His arm and hand moving to change gears is nothing new to me but still impresses me to see that he goes to the correct gear when he upshifts or downshifts. Thanks for sharing Jordan. 👍
I watched the other vids too and they are all nice but this was the best IMO.
 
Ah, I think I got it now: these videos are from that demo everybody is talking about, but they are not from playing the demo. They are the sequences shown when you wait a few seconds in the menu screen, right?

It would have been nice if somebody would have put that info down somewhere with those vids, cause I bet I won't be the only one thinking that there was a new demo.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
damn it,
Still 3 months to wait :(
 
i saw the jaoanese cars (R34, NSX, etc.) on Nüürburgring and Traila Moutnain and it´s TERRIFIC!!!!!...wow!...that´s PS2 POWER!!!!!!!!!...what a nice and fluently graphic!!

....and the KI seems to drive more carefully NAD more realistic CUZ they´re making mistakes (some hughes mistakes!!-->look at the Nürb video, there u see a red car spinning and getting out of the track--it´s before a left curve, were u have to brake very hard cuz u´re coming very fast!!)

so new opinions/suggestions/criticizes???
 
Is there going to be a demo released in the uk?
 
u mean the "GT4-First Preview"-Demo????....weell all i can say is that if u had "GT4 Prologue" there like me here in g.o. Germany than u will have this first preview there, too cuz all this "DEMOS" (as Concept/ Prologue and First Preview) are released in Japan AND EUROPE and cuz GB is in EU too WHY NOT????

LET´S HOPE AT LEAST
 
the Interceptor
Ah, I think I got it now: these videos are from that demo everybody is talking about, but they are not from playing the demo. They are the sequences shown when you wait a few seconds in the menu screen, right?
It would have been nice if somebody would have put that info down somewhere with those vids, cause I bet I won't be the only one thinking that there was a new demo.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

Yes you have to wait a few minute in order to see those vids. It's from the Japanese Demo that I got from the net.
 
You can also press square so you won't have to wait.
 
Egghead
You can also press square so you won't have to wait.


Or triangle.


About the snow track. It just looks like the car is on slippery white dirt to me. I see no real snow like characteristics to it other than the color, kind of a bummer. Snow doesn't really dust when you drive on it, you make a kerf in it and maybe some slop flies up, but not dust! Maybe the actual grip is lessened, but I am not too thrilled with it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and where are the skidmarks? :banghead:
 
wait maybe thats not it.. i dont see video i only hear sound.. help!
 
The only thing that I didn't like were the engine noises. Aside from the Skyline, all the cars sound extremely similar. The 350Z has a very unique sound and it sounded exactly like the BMW 120d from an earlier demo video i downloaded.

I dont get it b/c the sample engine noises they have on the official site sound amazing and nothing like the ones in the demo. I hope these are not the final sounds.

Anyway, Its always good to see some new vids
Good vids
 
Engine noise in the game is greatly affected by the equipment you run on, well at least that is my impression from prologue.
If i use my old Nicam TV on its own the sounds are muffled and blend in to much.
When i Use my 5.1 decoder the sound really comes alive, the seperated channels allow much crisper engine sounds. The GT40 rumbles the room, the NSX and Integra type R, have clear rasping exhausts, and the Celica rally car has great induction Boom, these are just a few.
However even with my decoder, if you dont use the right settings (mine has about 12), the sound can become intermingled and sound flat.

MY other Setup with my new widescreen has 5.1 with Dolby I & II built in, it auto selects the best sound, and on this set up it always sounds fantastic.

Good sound from the game requires the best setup you can afford, if your simply using the TV with stereo speakers you will be dissapointed.
 
..yeah they sound very similar but what will u do with about 750 cars????....sooOOO many cars need sooOO many engine-noises and that is soooOO much WORK!!!!!!!
 
Back