Japan GT Championship

• Thread starter Carbonite
  • 1 comments
Hey guys and girls, Today i decided to go back and re-race one of my favorite competitions in all of Gran turismo 4. The Japan GT Championship :dopey: . Last time i raced, I used a Nissan R92 CP race car to get the job done quickly on my bid to get 100.00 % as quickly as possible. However, today i wanted to make the race very competitive and fun and use a car that closely matched the cars present in that particular series. I settled and fell in love with the Mobile 1 NSX which to this day continues to be one of my most prized cars.

Starting out, i have very basic rules.
1. No Modifications or changing of anything that involves the car. That includes no turbos, no oil changes, no car washes, Nothing! it also means that i am not allowed to go into the quick tune menu and tune the car. So basically, i race the car as is when i bought it.
2. TCS and ASM has been turned off completely to allow for a more competitive race, and will not be turned on any under circumstances.
3. Manual transmission to be used at all time no matter how difficult the track gets. this includes the Nurburgring (can't remember if it is in the competition or not.
4. Probably my number 1 rule, Is not paint trading or jeopardizing any other competitor on the field to further my advancement. I am a heavy believer in sportsmanship and don't care whether it is AI or human player. If I do, I force myself to enter the pits and either drive through or get a complete change.
5. I am not allowed to do any qualification laps. that means i have to start in last place and work my way up.

That being said, Here we Go!!!

My Car:
Honda Mobile 1 NSX 01 (JGTC)

Competitors:
Nissan Xanavi Nismo GTR 03 (JGTC)
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z 04 (JGTC)
Nissan Xanavi Hiroto GTR 01 (JGTC)
Toyota Castrol Toms Supra 00 (JGTC)
Honda Castrol Mugen NSX 00 (JGTC)

Race 1: Tokyo Route 246
Position: 1st
Closest Competitor: 0'00.547
A-Spec points: 76

Analysis:
This was a very close race. The Nissan Xanavi Nismo was very close on me and provided very exciting race. there must have been at least 10 lead changes between me and him. I was faster in some corners then he was and he was faster in the others. My major mistake is not down shifting fast enough coming into the last corner before the straight away that gave him a very close edge.

Race 2: Suzuka Short Circut
Position: 1st
Closest Competitor: 0'13.056
A-Spec points: 76

Analysis:
I was very disappointed with this race. I mean right off the start i was able to get a very dominating lead with large increases in lead every lap. I thought the Nissan's would at least provide some competition at the start but i was able to finish first with at least a ten second lead.

Stay tuned, more to come! 👍

I redid the JTGC not long ago, and used an ASL ~~~~~~~ (don't remember the name, but the only ASL race car), with only a stage 3 turbo added to make it competitive.

I had the same field as you did (with all the JTGC cars you'd think there'd be variety!)

each race was worth around 130ish A-spec points. BUT... I didn't punish myself if I had contact with the AI. I tried to avoid contact, but the AI is too stupid for me to be able to avoid all contact when pushing very hard.

Used Auto transmission, and TCS/ASM. tuned settings (transmission and suspension for each track).

I qualified for races with rolling starts, but not for standing starts

i lost R246. just too high speed for me to keep up with the Nissan Xanavi Skyline, but i came 2nd

Suzuka east, I came 4th because i forgot to put hard rears on, so by lap 10 i had orange rears, and by lap 12 they were dead. slipped from 1st by 8 seconds to 4th, just

Also lost Seoul, Motigi speedway (by 0.1 seconds! GRR!!!) Motigi and Suzuka. but thanks to the Pitwork Z's efforts throughout and the Supras 2nd at Hong Kong, i won the championship by 2 points. and got another Pitwork Z

Had a couple of interesting battles at both Fuji's with the Xanavi Skyline. i'd overtake onto the pit straight, then the Skyline would blow by, and i'd tuck in for some slipstream, only to outbrake myself at the hairpin, and loose the lead, and having to wait for the chicane or pitstaight to overtake again!

Back