Japanese Classic - Beginner

  • Thread starter Thread starter william59
  • 9 comments
  • 1,337 views
Messages
114
Messages
glershimus
This is going to sound pathetic, but what is the best car to use in these races (Japanese Classic) in Beginner? The main reason is that it unlocks a photo location (I think), and it's the last one left for me to unlock I believe.
 
One option is to gold the licences and use one of the prize cars. :)

I think i used some old Mitsubishi rally car from the used cars shop.
 
I used the Toyota 7 Race Car I got as a prize car.

Like The Wind: Toyota 7 Race Car '70 (S)

It's in B-spec too.
 
So, do you have to get the Toyota 7 in B-Spec? Gonna be hard, I haven't even bothered with B-Spec yet lol, and it's hard to find a fast Japanese car earlier than 1979.
 
the DOME will kill this race easy and comes up periodically in the UCD.

-d
 
Toyota 7 and the Dome concept car can easily win for both A&B Spec, if you don't want challenge for just to unlock the photo location.
 
I picked up an old toyota celica from the ucd because it was the first thing I saw to use.
 
I used a 79 civic I picked up from the UCD. Then I used the dome concept in b-spec. Won easily in both.
 
If you are not in a rush, some old timers come every now and then @ UCD. they would be in the range ~ 30K to 500K, with those lower HP cars, you will be able to mod to a higher HP for an easy win.
 
As others have said, just about any old Japanese car you can find at the UCD can be tuned up to win this race. I believe I used a Nissan Bluebird with pretty light tuning. The competition here isn't really that stiff.

Alternate choices (that will be available to you long before you can win the Toyota 7 from an Extreme level B-Spec event) if you REALLY don't want to pay for something:

Dome Zero Concept '78 from the Supercar Nostalgia Cup Amateur level A-Spec series.
Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68 from golding the IB license tests.


If you're not bothering with B-Spec, you're missing out on some great free prize cars. You get a Shelby Cobra 427 & a Mazda Furai from a couple of the Amateur level races. These cars can then go on to win you a LOT of both A-Spec and B-Spec races. Including the Supercar Nostalgia Series I mentioned above. :)
 
Back