Japanese copy of the game for a US PS3?

• Thread starter SkierPS3
  • 12 comments
United States
Connecticut
Skier1017,GTP_Skier
PSN Skier
Not sure if anyone still reads this forum anymore, but might as well post it. I just bought a rareish disc copy of Gran Turismo HD that was imported from Japan. Sadly I never got to play GTHD, as it was removed before I got it. Does anyone know if this Japanese copy could work with my American PS3, or will it just sit on my shelf as an awesome collector's item?

Here's a picture I uploaded of it to Reddit (I bought it with that Japanese version of GT5 Prologue for $27 total): http://imgur.com/zw4c6

Quick note: yes, there was in fact a physical release of the game, though only in small numbers, and only in Japan.

No idea .

You could always just put your disc in your PS3 and tell us ?

Nice buy 👍

Thanks, I was thrilled to find it. Usually that GT5P copy goes for $30 alone, and then this showed up with the HD essentially for free. The only other HD listing was from an overpriced Chinese guy, asking for $111. Fat chance.

Anyway, I probably will pop it in, I'm just worried there may be unforseen consequences (the back of the box says "Japan only").

EDIT: did you just happen to check here right after I posted?

Nice find!

PlayStation 3 games aren't region-locked, so you should have no problems. 👍

Nice find!

PlayStation 3 games aren't region-locked, so you should have no problems. 👍

Cool, thanks. I guess now five years or so later I'll finally be able to try out an outdated GT game! :D

I'm trying to get one copy of every game in the GT series, including specials if I can. I'm having a bit of trouble getting some of the rarer games like Tokyo-Seoul and the GT4 Online Test Version. I think it's impossible to get all the discs listed here also: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3732221#post3732221 Atleast this disc puts me one step closer.

Thanks, I was thrilled to find it. Usually that GT5P copy goes for $30 alone, and then this showed up with the HD essentially for free. The only other HD listing was from an overpriced Chinese guy, asking for $111. Fat chance.

Anyway, I probably will pop it in, I'm just worried there may be unforseen consequences (the back of the box says "Japan only").

EDIT: did you just happen to check here right after I posted?

Greedy Chinese man not so clever then :lol:

Your post popped into latest posts as per norm, so it piqued my interest you could say .

Cool, thanks. I guess now five years or so later I'll finally be able to try out an outdated GT game! :D

I'm trying to get one copy of every game in the GT series, including specials if I can. I'm having a bit of trouble getting some of the rarer games like Tokyo-Seoul and the GT4 Online Test Version. I think it's impossible to get all the discs listed here also: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3732221#post3732221 Atleast this disc puts me one step closer.

Of the games sold in shops, I'm actually only missing those two and GTHD :lol:

Okay, I'm finally getting around to using this disc, and I just want to double check something. All of my PS3 games have a small black globe icon with the number 1 on them (but Uncharted 3 says all). The GTHD box has a 2 over that globe. What do these numbers mean? Can I still install it even though my PS3 is a US model?

Okay, I'm finally getting around to using this disc, and I just want to double check something. All of my PS3 games have a small black globe icon with the number 1 on them (but Uncharted 3 says all). The GTHD box has a 2 over that globe. What do these numbers mean? Can I still install it even though my PS3 is a US model?

Yes you can, ps3 games are region free.
You can read the following link about the region codes (http://qisahn.com/blog/2010/04/ps3region/)
I play my japanese copy of GTHD on my european console. By the way, it is just a install disc, after installation you don't need the disc in ps3 in order to play the game.

Does anyone know, if you have a GT:HD disc, and install that onto the PS3... can that disc then be reused for another PS3 or is that it for the disc's usefulness?

Back