Japanese Super Stock Race 4

• Thread starter frentzey
  • 23 comments
Same setup everyone, must use one of the following arcade cars that you haven't used in one of the previous rounds:
Nissan Z Concept
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
Subaru Impreza WRX
Mazda RX-7
Mazda RX-8
Toyota Supra RZ
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII

Our track of choice for this round is....

Seattle Circuit II!!!
Nail the apexes, drift around a little, and slide on your way to a quick time for Round 4 of the Japanese Super Stock Championship! Anyone who hasn't competed in any of the previous rounds can participate in this challenge , so everyone give it a shot! :D Pm me your times in the following format by Monday 0100 GMT.
Lap 1 -
Lap 2 -
Lap 3 -

Total -

Okay. Was looking foward to this one. Call me crazy, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guarantee victory. Yes thats right, I REALLY need this win now and I should have a upper hand on everyone seeing as how I have an extra (and IMO the fastest) car to use. :D I'll be damned if I let axletramp end up winning this thing!

Ever since I made that last post, I've been practicing. I have a pretty good time as of now but it could be improved. However, I'm not sure if I will be able to remain consistent enough throughout the race to get the best time I can.

Originally posted by mr_pushrod
Oh, dear. I have never liked this track! I'm going to get thrashed!
ditto. :(

I might just try out one of the less powerful cars here and save my Supra etc for later. We'll see... ;)

OK, take it all back. Just finished some testing and I think I've just run a blinder!! 😈

I'm in.

But how many races are left in the series? And if i join now will I have to worry about which car I use, or am i just doing these for fun?

thanks

Originally posted by axletramp
OK, take it all back. Just finished some testing and I think I've just run a blinder!! 😈

Oh bugger. Looks like I'm going to get beaten by Axlemonkey again! But, what if I can put him off 😈

Attachments

• mvc-031s.jpg
    mvc-031s.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 36
I was just about to change my strategy and go with one of the slower cars to use a more conservative strategy, but now that axletramp says he has a good run I guess I'll be using the car I was originally going to use.

That's it mr_p, you're being reported. Expect the Suffolk police to be banging on your door tonight!! I've had enough of these discusting images paraded before an under-aged audience!!! ;) :P

Any clues FuryX21 what car??? You show me yours, I'll show you mine!! :D

Hang on. Is that from your TV mr_p? Ever heard of 'flatscreen'? ;)

Uh-oh. I just re-read the first post more carefully and just noticed that it says Seattle Circuit II. frentzey, did you try to purposely decieve me by putting all those exclamation marks after the double I's? Its a shame, I really had a good time for the normal direction. Looks like I'll have to get back to racing.

Well, I read the original post for the first race and it said there'll be 5 races so I guess I'll just use whichever car I want and do these last 2 for fun.

And about the NSX, Im sad it's not included. Among the class A japanese cars I think that the R34 GTR, NSX, and RX-7 RZ are all a little above the rest. So if I'm not mistaken the RX-7 has a bit of an advantage over the other cars selected for this series.

Oh damn, I just realized the first turn for this course is going to be great to try and manuveur with 5 retarded AI drivers boxing me in. This demolition derby NASCAR style AI is really starting to piss me off.

advanR, the last I heard from frentzy was that there'll be 7 races now.

As for the RX-7 being above the rest... I'd say only for certain courses because the Supra can hang quite well!

If you're having problems with the AI cars, well, good luck to ya! :D

Originally posted by FuryX21
Uh-oh. I just re-read the first post more carefully and just noticed that it says Seattle Circuit II. frentzey, did you try to purposely decieve me by putting all those exclamation marks after the double I's? Its a shame, I really had a good time for the normal direction. Looks like I'll have to get back to racing.

:lol:

Well, i've done about 10 laps with each of the cars I might use (and have tested the RX-7 - NOONE use this one for this race! Please?!?). I must say I don't think I'll be ready by Monday... :(

I have managed to get a pretty good time on the new direction, but there is still time to be had. I find Seattle as one of the most difficult places to be consistent, and I'm guessing the reason for that is because of the rails that enclose the track to make it so tight. You really have to be precise and your timing has to be dead-on, especially on that deadly first turn chicane :P

Originally posted by axletramp
Hang on. Is that from your TV mr_p? Ever heard of 'flatscreen'? ;)

Yes they were taken from a TV, the 14 inch one in my room (remember, student!). I think I might have a go at the race tonight, I've been too busy doing other stuff to even do one lap!

Well then, if I'm going to be participating in 4 races then I'll use a different car each time. It's kind of ****ty though, not knowing what tracks are coming up that one car might have an advantage for. So I'll try and conserve the better cars.

Originally posted by advanR
Well then, if I'm going to be participating in 4 races then I'll use a different car each time. It's kind of ****ty though, not knowing what tracks are coming up that one car might have an advantage for. So I'll try and conserve the better cars.
I was thinking that early on, but then I realized that thats the beauty of it! Not knowing what race is coming up is what makes this series so unique, and it greatly affects one's strategy, leaving a racer with questions like: "Should I use the best car for this race, or save it later where it may be more advantageous?" Its this aspect, I think, that makes this race series so good :thumbsup:

Anyone out there trying to get in some last minute runs before the deadline? I don't think I'll be making any more runs tonight, pretty satisfied with my time ;) Don't want to end up missing the deadline again :D

Originally posted by FuryX21

Anyone out there trying to get in some last minute runs before the deadline? I don't think I'll be making any more runs tonight, pretty satisfied with my time ;) Don't want to end up missing the deadline again :D

Yep, I'm gonna start racing now. I'm hoping for 3rd place this time to keep me up near the top.... fourth won't be bad either.

Ok everybody, only 2 and a little bit more hours left. Please everybody submit their times on time, at 8:00 eastern time. I'm feeling lame with my time on this course, anyone else have any thoughts?

Back