Jason Newsted - Injured!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pako
  • 10 comments
  • 1,316 views

Pako

Staff Emeritus
Messages
16,472
United States
NW Montana
Messages
GTP-Pako
Messages
GTP Pako
Here's the full story:

http://thisismagni.com/pages/333&NewsID=4141
Jason Newsted injured - wont play on tour

Here is the news from Tommys site:

VISIT TOMMYLEE.TV FOR UPDATES ON THIS

ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA BASSIST JASON NEWSTED SUFFERS SHOULDER INJURY IN ACCIDENT: As they gear up for the November 21st release of their highly anticipated Epic debut and the New Year's Eve launch of their much-buzzed-about national tour, ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA have suffered a major setback with the loss of all-star bassist Jason Newsted.


The former Metallica member is scheduled for immediate surgery to repair a torn anterior labrum in his left shoulder and a rotator cuff and bicep tear in the right. Newsted suffered the injuries while trying to catch a 90-lb bass head that had fallen from atop his amp. The surgery will be followed by a lengthy rehab assignment that could leave him sidelined for up to nine months.

"I'm freaking out," Says Newsted, "My heart was set on finally getting on the road with these guys, but my main focus now is to build myself back to 100%. The stage is set for the band, I wish them the best of luck."

The band - rounded out by vocalist Lukas Rossi, drummer Tommy Lee and guitarist Gilby Clarke - is currently searching for a suitable replacement to handle touring duties while Newsted recovers.

"When we started this project, I was handed a list of names--guys who could potentially anchor our rhythm section," says Lee. "I responded by crumpling up the paper and asking, 'Where's Newsted?' Jason was always the right guy for this band and we'll miss having him with us as we kick off our album and tour, but we know he'll be back as soon as he can pick up and play. As for who will handle bass duties until then, we've got a few monster guys in mind, any one of which can hit the ground running. Stay tuned."

No amp is worth ripping tendons and muscle tissue over, but I do hope he heals up OK.
 
No amp is worth ripping tendons and muscle tissue over, but I do hope he heals up OK.
It is if you had to pay for it yourself. I mean, health insurance will pay for your shoulder. Who's going to replace the amp? ;)
 
That sucks, but the songs I heard from these guys during the show weren't anything special. They all were pretty boring and i predict the band will be a flop. They could do way better with the backrounds they come from.


It is if you had to pay for it yourself. I mean, health insurance will pay for your shoulder. Who's going to replace the amp? ;)


He's rich so he can afford it.
 
Who the heck would try to catch a 90lbs amp?!
 
Is the amp gonna be ok?
 
Get Flea!!!
 
No amp is worth ripping tendons and muscle tissue over, but I do hope he heals up OK.
It is if it's about to land on your head...
 
Back